Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   I want to change my SM name ... (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7327)

howardporter 06-08-2003 04:34 AM

I want to change my SM name ...

I really wish when I registered with SM that I had chosen a cool name, rather than just using my real name. Everyone has such creative names here... almost like video game characters.

sooooo my question is (kevin :D) can I change my name to something cooler? like "nosferatu" or "Mr.Phong" (I love Blinn's name :)) or whatever?!?!?

sincerly,
Mr. Normal Name Porter.

Blinn 06-08-2003 04:54 AM

Man i hate my name! But now im stuck with it cus everyone knows me by it. I picked it when i first started maya, and saw the blinn shader, and thought, cool name... but now i hate it!

haha but ill manage :)

mr.phong has a nice ring to it though

Nataliia 06-08-2003 04:56 AM

Awww, but Howard! You're cool without having to wear the false mantle of a cool sounding name.

*says she who doesn't use her real name :P

mtmckinley 06-08-2003 05:53 AM

yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with your name. :) I use my real name, kinda.

My name just happens to be shared by a mountain in Alaska. ;)

Ultragames 06-08-2003 06:29 AM

special name shmame! Hi, im Tyler.

[icarus_uk] 06-08-2003 10:55 AM

I have two names, the one that comes on bank statements, and the other that comes forums. My name is the same all over the net.

Can we have a "pick howard a new name" thread? <snigger>.

Kurt 06-08-2003 12:57 PM

Hey.... cant get anymore plan than Kurt mate =)

I should have used my other handels like GiMmIcK, or Ink-Spot

drknow 06-08-2003 01:22 PM

I should have gone with DrKnow instead on drknow.

^^TwEeK^^ 06-08-2003 01:27 PM

i should have gone with ^^TWEEK^ instead of ^TwEeK^ cause sooomany people call me tweak...

drknow 06-08-2003 01:29 PM

Yea, now that you mention it, it does look like tweak. Hehe.

fredriksson 06-08-2003 03:40 PM

Using my surname as nick has its disadvantages. Being called everything from Fred to fredrickson and every other spelling known to man, but its ok. :D

adldesigner 06-08-2003 04:14 PM

Hell .. I'm Alberto De Lucca designer.
Cool enough I'd say .. ;)

dannyngan 06-08-2003 04:15 PM

I'm... uh... Danny Ngan.

:D

doodle 06-08-2003 04:23 PM

Chris Carter [no relation] here. My name was my college computer username. Sounded kinda cool but now it's just silly. Is original though....

Witchy 06-08-2003 04:35 PM

I shortened the name I use for online gaming etc to what people usually shorten it to in conversations in game rooms etc. Despite someone here thinking I was a girl rather than a chap (hadn't occured to me!) I am so used to using it or it's longer version for everything online it's almost like my real name.

Even if you change your name now though we will still probably call you Howard :D

adldesigner 06-08-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Witchy
... Even if you change your name now though we will still probably call you Howard :D ...
Or HogwardsPotter. :)

Witchy 06-08-2003 04:39 PM

Imagine saying 'Great model, Hog' LOL.

Vampus 06-08-2003 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mtmckinley
yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with your name. :) I use my real name, kinda.

My name just happens to be shared by a mountain in Alaska. ;)

You first name is mt? :p Your mum must have been a meanie, though it would be easy to remember after a night out:beer: :D

Vampus 06-08-2003 05:06 PM

Quote:

I shortened the name I use for online gaming etc to what people usually shorten it to in conversations in game rooms etc. Despite someone here thinking I was a girl rather than a chap (hadn't occured to me!) I am so used to using it or it's longer version for everything online it's almost like my real name.

Even if you change your name now though we will still probably call you Howard :D

Whats wrong with Witchkeeper though :confused: ...apart from having to type another 5 letters :)

Witchy 06-08-2003 05:21 PM

Nothing, I like it and mostly use it, this is just a shorter version. Variety, life, spices and all that.

adldesigner 06-08-2003 05:23 PM

Quote:

... Variety, life, spices and all that ...
Amen to that.

howardporter 06-08-2003 05:33 PM

I guess I just didnt realise that there were a bunch of us who use our real names! I guess I am in some good company.... Kevin... Danny... Kurt...:D

I just wish I had used only one name tho'

and I do like Hogsward Potter BTW :D

BabyDuck 06-08-2003 06:30 PM

but see howard, i changed my name too. my real nickname is just duckie. but i looked for something that identifies me, as there is so many other ppl with duckie as nickname on the net. and aehm, naming me babyduck somehow lets you underestimate me :p.

but then i probably undererestimate myself ... nobody can talk me out that i is still a real bad noobee in maya ...

mtmckinley 06-08-2003 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vampus
You first name is mt? :p Your mum must have been a meanie, though it would be easy to remember after a night out:beer: :D
Yeah, exactly. :rolleyes:

Kevin 06-08-2003 10:13 PM

if you really want it changed - send me a pm with the name you want and ill do it :)

stedo 07-08-2003 02:23 PM

stedo: student login (originally stedo880) from Stefan Doverud. So I also use my real name, sort of..

- S

d24e 07-08-2003 02:50 PM

d24e: diablo 2 for ever

I think if I used Joris (my first name) a lot of english speaking people would pronounce it too weird:)

(btw, I don't want to keep playing diablo 2 for ever. but since I make money out of it, people can keep playing it and buying stuff at my site as long as they want to:D)

LauriePriest 08-08-2003 01:44 AM

Eh i did my own name too, but ure one is cool and everyone knows you by it, when ppl see my name they think... hmm but isnt that a girls name and oh... your not a priest.

Renderizer 09-08-2003 01:06 AM

LOL - I had the same prob when I registered with 3D Buzz.

I tried Mario, but it was already taken, so I just attached the first letter of my family name (H) and here it is, boring as it gets:

Mario.H

And even though I always sign my posts with 'Mario' (without the .H) everybody calls me Mario.H (if ever...).

But now I use renderizer as my nick in every friggin forum.

"Stop calling me names, will ya?!"

Renderizer/Mario :D

Kevin 09-08-2003 08:33 AM

I like "hog"

kornkidpr 09-08-2003 04:26 PM

mine sucks man since the band i put on my nick sucks since some long time ago lol but hey im just accostumed to it LOL

el-ignoramus 09-08-2003 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by adldesigner
Or HogwardsPotter. :)
Funny thing is that I always read it like that, or close to it, so finished the Order of the Phoenix yet?? Muggle??:D ;)

el-ignoramus 09-08-2003 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kevin
I like "hog"

Well of course you will :p

here's a good one about pigs anyway:

A farmer buys several pigs, hoping to breed them for ham, bacon, etc.
After several weeks, he notices that none of the pigs are getting
pregnant, and calls a vet for help.

The vet tells the farmer that he should try artificial insemination. The
farmer doesn't have the slightest idea what this means but, not wanting to
display his ignorance, only asks the vet how he will know when the pigs
are pregnant. The vet tells him that they will stop standing around and
will, instead, lay down and wallow in the mud when they are pregnant.

The farmer hangs up and gives it some thought. He comes to the conclusion
that artificial insemination means he has to impregnate the pigs himself.
So, he loads the pigs into his truck, drives them out into the woods, has
sex with them all, brings them back and goes to bed.

Next morning, he wakes and looks out at the pigs. Seeing that they are all
still standing around, he concludes that the first try didn't take, and
loads them in the truck again. He drives them out to the woods, has sex
with each pig twice for good measure, brings them back and goes to bed.

Next morning, he wakes to find the pigs still just standing around. One
more try, he tells himself, and proceeds to load them up and drive them
out to the woods. He spends all day with them and, upon returning home,
falls listlessly into bed.

The next morning, he cannot even raise himself from the bed to look at the
pigs. He asks his wife to look out and tell him if the pigs are laying in
the mud.

"No," she says, "they're all in the truck and one of them's honking the
horn."
:D :D

dragonfx 09-08-2003 05:48 PM

thats sick ;) :D

Renderizer 10-08-2003 01:42 AM

LOL - that's a good one.

I've heard it before, but I really couldn't remember the puchline anymore.

Sick indeed! :D

Darkware 10-08-2003 03:42 AM

Although I've had some annoying trouble with my name (people calling me "Darky" and "Darkwave") I wouldn't change it for the world because I use Darkware all over the internet.

Real name is Christopher Watts though for those of you who care.

strarup 11-08-2003 01:00 AM

I started with using AVUS as a nickname since it is my initials... Alex Vilhelm Ulberg Strarup...

but after a lot confusing from people that thought that the V was an N, I got a bit tired of using that nick, and I also discovered that Avus meant Grandfather in latin... so I just made my nickname as my lastname... which also got yelled a bit to much in my opion, when I was in the army... :)

regards

Strarup