Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Saw "Serenity" advance screening (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17151)

mtmckinley 25-06-2005 11:54 PM

Saw "Serenity" advance screening

Don't worry, no spoilers.

I'll just say that it was really cool and can't wait for others to see it. :)

alienscience 26-06-2005 07:04 PM

Cool, guess you have a pretty strong stomach huh? I would feel sick after watching it, but I would still love it. :shakehead

TheAnswerRP03 27-06-2005 03:03 AM

Hey Mike...so you liked the movie?..I saw a quick clip from quicktime a while back....looked pretty good...one of my profs worked on a couple shots (for 1 or 2 of the ships)...I was checking out the upcoming releases and didn't see serenity...(I was assuming that since you an advance screening that it would be coming out in a few weeks)....then I dug a little further until I found it...but man..it doesn't come out until sept 30...that means you saw it over 3 months in advance...I must say that must be awesome....was it a "connection" from work?...anywho..I just found that really interesting/cool....I can't wait to see it (in another 3 months) and I can't wait to get into the industry and actually help out with the movies...
TheAnswerRP03

mtmckinley 27-06-2005 11:49 AM

Actually, the original intention was for Serenity to come out in May, but they didn't want to have to compete with Star Wars, so it was bumped to Sept. So, they have done a couple of advance screenings, and I was lucky enough to get to go to one. :)

David 27-06-2005 01:50 PM

I loved firefly so i'm hoping the movie will be good as well. :)

Dave

NitroLiq 28-06-2005 11:24 PM

The trailer makes it look like another bad sci-fi channel mini-series...with nice effects. :rolleyes:

mtmckinley 29-06-2005 01:54 AM

Well, best sci-fi movie I've seen in a long time. :) I look forward to seeing it again.

thebrianproject 03-07-2005 07:04 AM

I just read the Astonishing X-men # 10 that Joss Whedon has been writing and it is the best comic that's out right now. I never saw Fire Fly, but heard it was some of the best TV ever. I hope that Serenity is as you say. Although I must hate you for having seen it already.

mtmckinley 30-09-2005 10:14 PM

Saw Serenity today with the company!

Awesome movie! Everyone go see it!

ragecgi 01-10-2005 07:23 AM

Just got back from seeing it, and after watching the dvd box set MANY times, this movie friggin ROCKED!!!!!!!!

It was sad, FUNNY, and action-packed all in one.

Joss is truly boss with this one.

Cant wait for the next movie, plus I've heard rumors of another studio picking up the series again....

We can only hope, but I doubt Universal will allow it:(

RickStefani 06-10-2005 01:19 PM

I saw it. It was awsome. I loved it. Then again I was a fire Fly fan from the start. I only missed one episode when they originally aired. I have the DVDs.

David 09-10-2005 08:05 PM

Just saw it pretty good TBO I think the series was better, but still well worth the entrance money to go and see this one :)

Dave

R-Tillery 24-10-2005 01:45 PM

do they still have the hooker on the ship?:p

ragecgi 24-10-2005 11:14 PM

"COMPANION, dammit, COMPANION!!" hehe LOL!

yup, she's there....

Cole_Composer 24-10-2005 11:29 PM

Such a good movie. I couldn't beleive how fast it went, I was so into it the whole time. I'm gonna have to see it again. :)