Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Goro's Twin brother (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21245)

Anhslaught 29-04-2006 05:11 AM

Goro's Twin brother

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my work in progress. I probably won't be working on it again until summer when my schedule clears in a month or 2. I thought I'd maybe get some tips to jog down until then. My plan is to fix the face, add giant horns on his head and refine the wings. Of course give him a toga or whatever you call it. (Rags like sumos or the last boss in street fighter 3 to cover his nuts. :)

I'll need to figure out how to do that also. I'm not use to doing draperies yet.

Anyhow any suggestions would be nice and maybe some more ideas. :)

Anhslaught 29-04-2006 05:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Anhslaught 29-04-2006 05:16 AM

Anhslaught 29-04-2006 05:17 AM

Anhslaught 29-04-2006 05:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
dsf

Anhslaught 29-04-2006 05:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
bcn

pbman 29-04-2006 01:06 PM

well ill b the first to comment

it is nice i like the design of it will look nice and it looks nicely modelled
unfortunatly im not sure how to fix ur problem

but good luck

Jay 29-04-2006 02:20 PM

To Stop that 'spreading' on the wing, just add some more geometry (in poly) closer to it to give it a sharper edge or you could go to the subd menu set and apply a full crease on the edges. Rember Subds are a smoothing algorythm, the less geometry you have the smoother the effect, unless of course you do the above

Jay

arran 29-04-2006 06:40 PM

Wow - cool model Anhslaught - very effective anatomy. The one (small) area that I am not sure about is the area between the small toe that sticks inward and the other two toes. It just looks like it needs a bit more of an arch there, if you know what I mean. Excellent work though - I like the way you have resolved the two sets of arms - this will look great animated.

:beer:

Anhslaught 29-04-2006 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jay
To Stop that 'spreading' on the wing, just add some more geometry (in poly) closer to it to give it a sharper edge or you could go to the subd menu set and apply a full crease on the edges. Rember Subds are a smoothing algorythm, the less geometry you have the smoother the effect, unless of course you do the above

Jay

Hey thanks Jay. I played with the crease tools but I only use the subD to see how it looks smoothed so....when I go back to poly and then to subD again the crease is gone. :/

I was playing around with it and found out you can actually convert to SubD w/out merging the verts, which solved the problem.

Anhslaught 29-04-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by arran
Wow - cool model Anhslaught - very effective anatomy. The one (small) area that I am not sure about is the area between the small toe that sticks inward and the other two toes. It just looks like it needs a bit more of an arch there, if you know what I mean. Excellent work though - I like the way you have resolved the two sets of arms - this will look great animated.

:beer:

Hey yeah Arran,
I know exactly what you're talking about. It's short and looks like a little weewee haha. I need to probably make it longer and give it that arch and extrude the knuckles more so it wouldnt look like it's floating or something. To me right now it looks like it's a useless toe.

Jay 30-04-2006 09:51 AM

Yeah the crease will disappear because when you go back to poly you are intially deleting the subds history.

Glad its sorted out now though..

Cheers
Jay

Anhslaught 04-05-2006 06:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My new head.

Anhslaught 04-05-2006 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
side

Anhslaught 04-05-2006 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
3/4