Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   How to stop the texture from tiling (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5043)

slickrenderer 07-04-2003 07:45 PM

How to stop the texture from tiling

I have placed a food label graphic/jpeg on a plastic container. The only problem is that it is tiled. Instead of 1 label I have lots of them. I guess there must be a box that I can uncheck to stop this. Where is it located??? I don^t want the image to TILE!!!!

On another note everytime I try to do a search in the Maya help I get the following error-

An Active X control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page....

How can I solve this problem.
Thanks for your time again.

caligraphics 07-04-2003 07:52 PM

Find the place2dTexture1 node for your file1 node.. uncheck Wrap U and Wrap V.. set Repeat UV = 1 and 1

That should do the trick with the label thingy depending on how you build your shader tho, but it should take you a bit further.

Good luck.

slickrenderer 07-04-2003 08:23 PM

Ok a new problem :-)
I have a square jpeg with a circle logo inside it. I only want to see the circle on the food container. When I place the texture I see the part of of the jpeg outside the circular logo. SO I thought of placing the circular logo as a transparent GIF. I placed it but now the the part outside the circlur logo has made the food container completely transparent. How can I place a circular logo on the container :-(
I hope I make some sense. Maybe not :-(

Nem 07-04-2003 08:44 PM

ur just gunna have to (in a image editor) change the background colour to that of the container itself
in maya you can use the uv texture editor to position the logo

slickrenderer 07-04-2003 08:45 PM

ok thanks everyone.

Ultragames 07-04-2003 11:14 PM

Hold on there Nem. What I would do...

Make a texture with the background you want.
Make a texture with the circle logo on it. (Transparent BG)

Make a layered shader. Delete the green box. Open your Hypershade, and drag you two shaders into the layered shader, making sure your logo is first in order, (on the left.)

That way, you can have a comlex bg, but have your logo on top of it.

slickrenderer 08-04-2003 04:21 AM

Thanks, will try that when I get back from work.

olliegrant 04-01-2024 05:23 PM

projected texture repetition

Hi,
I want to project my logo texture (white logo on a black background ) and use this as a mask. When I turn off wrap U and V to avoid repetition, I get solid white outside of my textures border defeting the purpose of the mask. Is there a work around for this, or it's not possible?
Many thanks in advance!

lucyy300 23-01-2024 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nem (Post 45188)
ur just gunna have to (in a image editor) change the background colour to that of the container itself Nakiri knives
in maya you can use the uv texture editor to position the logo Sharp edge shop

Big help! thanks