Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SM Tournaments (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tournament #3 - Aldudeau VS Traveler - Round 1 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7236)

M 02-08-2003 01:56 AM

Tournament #3 - Aldudeau VS Traveler - Round 1

Both of you have until the 7th to finish your model for the first round. The first round is model your desktop! Have a great battle!

DO NOT VOTE UNTIL BOTH FINALS ARE IN OR WHEN TIME IS UP

Ladder will be up shortly

aldudeau 02-08-2003 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,
Sorry late post but I have been away all day but made a nit of a start.

Here's the table

Alex

M 02-08-2003 04:44 PM

Hey man, tables looking really nice so far. Go into the details with the hinges anda ll :). Keep it up!

aldudeau 02-08-2003 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
not much done but i only got up. I'll probably spend most of the day on this so should have some progress soon.

added a glass and a microphone.

M i know that details need to be added but i'm trying to get the general look done and then if i have time do the details and the textures.

alex

Witchy 03-08-2003 12:10 AM

Good start, you might try rendering against a lighter background to make your images easier to see.

aldudeau 03-08-2003 12:28 AM

hi guys

made a bit of a start on the speakers.

traveler where art thou?
i need to see what i'm up against:)

alex

aldudeau 03-08-2003 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
do the image

aldudeau 03-08-2003 06:17 AM

doh me!!!
been working on the monitor and forgot to save when my pc crashed. oh well guess i'll start again.

sorry guys

aldudeau 03-08-2003 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hi guys,

my model is not going as good as i would have liked. it's still a start though so here's what i got.

added a keyboard. and that's it. i've ditched the speakers for now because i didn't like how they were turning out. going to start on the now.

where is traveler?:confused:

aldudeau 03-08-2003 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and the whole thing

Witchy 03-08-2003 04:51 PM

Good start. The keyboard base could perhaps be a little wider as the keys look as if they are protruding from the edge. But it is progressng nicely, keep at it!

aldudeau 04-08-2003 08:55 AM

hi guys,
sorry no pics all day but just got home from school. will get at it straight away and should have more.

thx for the crits witchy. i'm making a hand rest for the keyboard as well so it won't look as thin.

alex

aldudeau 04-08-2003 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
made an adjustment to the keyboard and started on the mouse.

mouse is at very early stage

aldudeau 04-08-2003 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
mouse

aldudeau 04-08-2003 10:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
woooh.. not much done today at all but here's a bit of an update. I'm a bit worried that traveler is not posting cuz i'd like to see what im up against. Maybe he's doing something spectacular that i'm not aware of.:)

anyway here's my plan.
1. Finish the rough models of the parts.
Need to do the monitor, speakers, pc box and little things like pens and pencils.

2. Finish the rough models and start detailing.

3. If time permits textures. I know the textures aren't compulsory but i'm going to try to make them anyway. Bad thing is that i got end of unit exam (really important one) in the end of the week so might not have time to texture. But im gonna do my best.

Well i'm off for tonight to study but i promise more tomorrow. Much more than today.

nighty night

alex
:eek: