Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   video into maya as texture, Please help (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31060)

dubai3d 08-10-2008 09:18 PM

video into maya as texture, Please help

1 Attachment(s)
hi every maya users

I am trying to import video into maya scene on this sphere ,
I have 2 video of 30 sec , I would like to apply the video into this faces as texture, so when the sphere rotate(animation) the video plays as well,
could you please guid me what is the best way, I went through all the forums around regarding video into maya, but still I need your help.
here is the image that explain what really i need.

Falott 08-10-2008 09:29 PM

easy.

layout UVs for both of the faceGroups. maybe use planar projection with "Best Plane" checked in the optionsbox. then assign a different shader to each faceGroup. in the shader map Color with the first file of your image sequence. I don´t know if maya plays complete films like avi etc. but if not use a image sequences of PNG, Targa, or even JPG maybe.

for maya showing Image Sequences there is a very specific naming convention for the imageFiles. AVOID! -> [_] (underscores) and use [.] (points) like filename.number.extension
otherwise maya can´t read them properly and just shows black space.

movie.475.png

It took me quite some time myself to find out XD, because I am used to underscores usually.

in the file texture node click Image Sequence instead of image.

render

done

gster123 08-10-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Falott
for maya showing Image Sequences there is a very specific naming convention for the imageFiles. AVOID! -> [_] (underscores) and use [.] (points) like filename.number.extension
otherwise maya can´t read them properly and just shows black space.

movie.475.png

It took me quite some time myself to find out XD, because I am used to underscores usually.

Same here, took quite a bit of head scratching to figure it out!

dubai3d 08-10-2008 11:12 PM

thanks guys for replay, I did what you guys said, it is look great on the scene, but can be render only with mayasoftware, mental-ray comes black

Falott 09-10-2008 01:02 AM

mr cant read dds format if that´s what you´re using.

try png maybe

dubai3d 09-10-2008 01:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got it to work with mental-ray now, I import the iff file , but it can not be seen in prsp view (black goe), it is shows the images only when I render it,
so I need work on the images(adjust), but can not be shown in prsp view, same as bumpmap(when you apply bumpmap to the goe, it shows the result only when you render it,

so I need your guys help if you have some experience with this section,

dubai3d 09-10-2008 01:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got idee , instead of apply to different material to this faces and video, I put the 2 video together in AE and make it one so in this way much easy work on it, but there is few things that i should care of it, the video shouldn't stretch on the faces, what do you suggest?

should I
-apply the uv's map?
-flat the uv's
-work on the first image sequence in photo shop?

any idee?

p.s the video is just test

Falott 09-10-2008 01:50 AM

you have to make your perspView show textures. in the perspective panel und shading -> textures

Falott 09-10-2008 01:51 AM

play with projecting uvs and the UVeditor