Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Composition (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10170)

RickStefani 03-02-2004 06:56 AM

Composition

1 Attachment(s)
This is really all photoshop but it i a composition of the Halo toy figures from joyride sturios and some stock photography from imageafter.com. I hope you like it. it is for my photoshop class. They are not letting me touch Maya or max yet. All the effects are painted.

Element_Khaos 03-02-2004 12:08 PM

BOOM!! nice i like it

strobe7 03-02-2004 08:26 PM

Wow, if this is only 2d....

RickStefani 04-02-2004 03:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, There are photos in there so I did nto paint the whole thing. Here is the final.

mtmckinley 04-02-2004 04:17 AM

pretty neat. You might consider showing this at simplyphotoshop.

Alan 04-02-2004 11:47 AM

yeah i really like it! I dont like the border edges though. Photoshop texturing filters and by definition crap and cheap looking. I would leave it as plain black (so it looks like widescreen) and leave it like that I think that would look more professional

great work though
Alan

strobe7 04-02-2004 04:56 PM

Yeah, and add frame markers and numbers, so it appears to be a frame from a movie you scanned ;)

RickStefani 04-02-2004 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
mtmckinle, thanks. I want to but my account is funny and I acedentaly deleted the activation e-mail because it went to the bulk folder.

Pure_Morning and strobe7 , those are a great compliments. here is a movie frame style and a new framed work. Which do you like the best please????

RickStefani 04-02-2004 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and the improved frame

Alan 04-02-2004 05:32 PM

yup that's a lot more proffesional (the first image, I still dont like the border on the second, it's too distracting) and it looks great! anychane you could post the original elements so we could take a look what you started with?

Ps add you name at the bottom of the frame, it's a work to be proud of :)

RickStefani 04-02-2004 05:53 PM

Thanks. I will go with the frame. My girlfriend said to do it but I did not listen. Haha. I will post them tonight or tomarrow for ya. there are a lot of pictures so it will be tough to make out the detail when I srink them but you will get the idea. The photo I took of Master Chief on the far left I am pround of just as a photo. The contrast was completely done from the real lighting setup.

MainlineX 04-02-2004 09:48 PM

Great work mate!

dave_baer 08-02-2004 10:18 PM

Yeah, really nice stuff there. Would love to see the full composition element by element. It's actually hard to tell what is what in there. I see the toy figures, and I see some images, but would love to see just how many elements you actually composited together. If you could do that, I just may use your image as an example for my Photoshop students. :D

RickStefani 09-02-2004 06:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops, That is right. I nead to do that. I just spent a lot of time doing another one for school. This one was a bit more deficult because it neaded to be color. This is the breakdown and it is simplified. The forground image with painted shadows.

RickStefani 09-02-2004 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of one of the soldiers. You can see the pins and joints. I used my bathroom to take the pictures because I could control the lights the best.