Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Character Mapping work ^^ (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25146)

zhimama 19-02-2007 12:04 PM

Character Mapping work ^^

1 Attachment(s)
hi, guys

don't know if someone still remember several months ago, i put my character here...and now, finished animation scene and recently i am doing mapping for the whole thing...

now, just put this one first. actually, i've been testing her skin ...
and haven't finished ...u know something like eyeball , eyebrow ...i haven't done....but will do it soon...^^

however, hope u guys like it....remember this is only a test work.

here u go...

Phopojijo 19-02-2007 12:15 PM

Awesome use of specularity and imperfections (pimples, etc.)

MattTheMan 19-02-2007 11:00 PM

the texturing is great, but I'm assuming you haven't gotten to the eyes yet?

I'm sorry, but the model doesnt match the texturing work :p, I'm looking at great looking skin, but the model breaks the realism, if you know what i mean

whatever, keep it up!!! :)

ZeroAlarm 20-02-2007 01:48 AM

The skin looks real! Nice specular highlighting. I like the little raised moles and imperfections; they really give it realism.

As Phopojijo and MattTheMan said, the actual geometry and eyes need work, but if you can get them as good as this mapping, then it'll be a real treat indeed!

zhimama 20-02-2007 05:07 AM

thanks guys...

as i mentioned that i didn't do eye part at all...but will...

and thanks for helpful advices...

and see u guys soon...

zhimama 24-02-2007 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
finished eyeball mapping ...

NeoStrider 24-02-2007 07:09 PM

i think you may need to rethink (touch on) your aim constraints, she looks a little cross-eyed.

the skin shader is amazing though.

zhimama 24-02-2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NeoStrider
i think you may need to rethink (touch on) your aim constraints, she looks a little cross-eyed.

the skin shader is amazing though.

thanks .

i will take care of that....

after finishing hat part will show u guys again ^^

thanks again

zhimama 25-02-2007 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
how about this one ^^

gster123 25-02-2007 12:22 AM

Looks really good man, How did you do the eyebrows?

zhimama 25-02-2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gster123
Looks really good man, How did you do the eyebrows?
it's hard to explain...but basiclly, i made a eyeball and eyeiris and then gave them projection textures which is photo images( but for eyeball u know that vens for eyeball i painted them in cs)
and for iris no too much issues ,but the upper part eyeball should be transparent,so i used ramp mapping the eyeball and changed the value for it let the upper part eyeball looks transparent...

for light, basiclly is 5 sport lights and rendering with mentral ray with retracing.
i am still learning maya as a beginner ^^actually, i will finish my 10 month maya course two weeks later and for now, i've been doing my final animation work..^^

gster123 25-02-2007 01:00 AM

Cheers for that,

What I was asking was how did you create the eye brows? Did you use maya fur?

zhimama 25-02-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gster123
Cheers for that,

What I was asking was how did you create the eye brows? Did you use maya fur?

sorry about that ^^

just a little bit tired, i've been sitting in front of my computer over 8 hours...

for eyebrow, easy...i just used a texture ...but actually, i should model it and also for eyelash as well...it's better to model it then use texture map them again...but i don't have time to do too much detailed works...so, use a lazy way...^^

zhimama 25-02-2007 05:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
again....how about this one...^^

zhimama 26-02-2007 12:33 PM

Guys:

can i ask u guys something about colour ? i mean in for monitor i see this image which i mapped the colour is ok....but in someone's monitor it looks the colour intensity too strong. which means because this reason somewhere of " her" skin looks over "balck " ...

how do u guys feel ?

(because when i make map texture in cs2, i didn't modify the colour system to adobe1998 standard mode, maybe this issue causes the problem)