Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   MAYA CHARACTER ANIMATORS WANTED (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8895)

Stewart Alves 11-11-2003 01:10 PM

MAYA CHARACTER ANIMATORS WANTED

La Paraguas Productions are looking to hire several freelance Maya character animators to work on a full 3d pre school animated tv series to go into production at the start of 2004. Applicants must have a good working knowledge of maya and showreel to back it up. Pay will be assesed on skill levels and all applicants must be able to relocate to Glasgow for the duration of the project(1 year). please send all showreels and cv's to stewart alves , la paraguas productions ltd, 1103 argyle street, glasgow, g38nd and email stew@laparaguas.com

Kevin 11-11-2003 03:03 PM

me...take me ...take me :D

kbrown 11-11-2003 03:16 PM

Hey Kev, I think they would want you to actually work as well ;)

j/k :D

Stewart Alves 11-11-2003 03:24 PM

work would be required! although play does happen a fair bit too. a relaxed working environment means that employees are set a work load and if met can play as much as they want during. there is a 50inch plasma hooked up to playstation2, xbox, teststation plus when projects are getting heavy and workload hits deadlines we have taken our guys diving and other activities too as kind of additional thanks in the past. but YES work is pretty hard though and we do expext a pretty high standard.

dave_baer 11-11-2003 03:27 PM

Well shoot. Let me pull my kilt out of the mothballs, laddy... it's time to go to the highlands! :D

Yeah Kev. It wouldn't be the cakewalk like you have here at SM. :D:D

Kurt 11-11-2003 04:34 PM

HEHE few weeks to late for me to apply=)

Kevin 11-11-2003 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stewart Alves
work would be required! although play does happen a fair bit too. a relaxed working environment means that employees are set a work load and if met can play as much as they want during. there is a 50inch plasma hooked up to playstation2, xbox, teststation plus when projects are getting heavy and workload hits deadlines we have taken our guys diving and other activities too as kind of additional thanks in the past. but YES work is pretty hard though and we do expext a pretty high standard.
I`ll only apply if I can be boss and run the show...

Its ok though Stewart - I promise Ill keep you on as my tea boy, and of course to challenge me at a little "call of duty" multiplayer ;)

Kurt 11-11-2003 10:48 PM

I so want to apply.....But me cant=(

[icarus_uk] 11-11-2003 11:36 PM

Sounds like a sweet job, and its not that far to travel, (unlike the latest jobs UBI had open in Montreal!). But my animation stills suck, but its nice to dream. :)

Stewart Alves 12-11-2003 10:04 AM

KEV? Whats your handle on call of duty?

Kevin 12-11-2003 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stewart Alves
KEV? Whats your handle on call of duty?
I am only playing on private server ATM Stewart - but Ill get in the open soon, I quite fancy the name "stinky" :)

so I might see you out there :)

Pony 12-11-2003 12:05 PM

Me I would love to have a job like that. But I don't have enufe expireance yet.. hay,, I'll do some for this Nov/Dec challenge. That would count, right Kevin ? Don't think the company would want to pay for my relocation though.

Alan 13-11-2003 02:37 PM

I know a few character animators in Glasgow area (all of whom have masters degrees in computer animation) only problem is that they were trained in softimage (but they do know a bit of maya and I know they can pick it up very easily) if you are interested in seeing their stuff I can get them to contact you directly pm me with a contact number etc these guys are good and very eager to start asap (tomorrow if you really wanted them to ;)) or would you like me to get them to email you?

Cheers
Alan