Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SimplyMaya Tutorials (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Codec - Cyber Dog tutorials (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34160)

Scarabrae 15-06-2010 01:30 PM

Codec - Cyber Dog tutorials

Hi

I used to be able to watch these rigging tutorials from the archive.

Now using Win 7 64Bit amd the audio does not work. Tried a number of diffeent players.

Any ideas guys on how to resolve this?

Cheers

NextDesign 15-06-2010 02:14 PM

VLC didn't play it? Download DivX if you don't have it.

Scarabrae 15-06-2010 03:15 PM

No luck with VLC player either getting...

No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.
No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "MSS1". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

Similar error messages with other players.

G-Man 15-06-2010 06:16 PM

try re encoding it using Vdub with something like the ffdshow codec.

G-man

Scarabrae 15-06-2010 07:22 PM

Thanks for the suggestion...vDub not interested in opening files:(

bullet1968 15-06-2010 11:48 PM

Have you got Nero Scar???? I find it plays almost anything.

If I have had trouble with audio or its been dubbed etc etc I have used SolveigMM AVI Trimmer, you can see what audio is in there etc and play with it.

cheers bullet

Scarabrae 16-06-2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bullet1968
Have you got Nero Scar???? I find it plays almost anything.

If I have had trouble with audio or its been dubbed etc etc I have used SolveigMM AVI Trimmer, you can see what audio is in there etc and play with it.

cheers bullet

Thanks again for the suggestion, this wont open any of the files either. I downloaded them again just incase I ha introduced some errors during the first download.

Anybody else able to use these tutorials under Win 7 - 64bit?

Cheers

bullet1968 16-06-2010 08:03 AM

I got this on the MS website mate, dont know if it helps?

I installed a missing codec, but I still can't play the file. Why?

Codecs can be written for 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems. If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you need to install 64-bit codecs. If you install a 32-bit codec on a 64-bit operating system, for example, the Player might not be able to play any files that require that codec.

Note that many older codecs are only available in 32-bit versions. If the codec provider does not specify whether its codec is 32-bit or 64-bit, the codec is likely 32-bit. For more information, contact the codec provider.

cheers bullet

Scarabrae 16-06-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

I got this on the MS website mate, dont know if it helps?

I installed a missing codec, but I still can't play the file. Why?

Codecs can be written for 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems. If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you need to install 64-bit codecs. If you install a 32-bit codec on a 64-bit operating system, for example, the Player might not be able to play any files that require that codec.

Note that many older codecs are only available in 32-bit versions. If the codec provider does not specify whether its codec is 32-bit or 64-bit, the codec is likely 32-bit. For more information, contact the codec provider.

cheers bullet

Cheers, mate. Will see if I can get these to work on my 32 bit laptop.

bullet1968 16-06-2010 08:56 AM

No worries mate

bullet1968 16-06-2010 12:29 PM

Found this as well mate, dont know if it will helpP

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ion-of-Windows

Scarabrae 16-06-2010 12:36 PM

With excitement I followed the steps..but alas, no. :)

Will let you know if laptop works

Cheers, mate.

bullet1968 16-06-2010 01:33 PM

bugger!!!!!!!!!!! sorry mate, it was worth the shot. Bedtime, lots of Surveying to do and only 6 hours sleeeepppp.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:zzz:

Scarabrae 16-06-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

bugger!!!!!!!!!!! sorry mate, it was worth the shot. Bedtime, lots of Surveying to do and only 6 hours sleeeepppp.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:zzz:
Sleep well and wake refreshed!!! :)

bullet1968 16-06-2010 02:17 PM

Thanks mate,

Im never refreshed....I wish. Its 2200 Ive been up (as usual) since 0500, worked all day and have only just finished a DTM of an estate for volume calcs. Man Maya might seem hard but when you have roads, creeks, building pads etc etc etc aaarrrrrrrrrrr what a bitch. Then the Survey software crashes because of the amount of points it needs to calc this stuff aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I have just used the feeble 3D view to check my model, bits were missing in the mesh so I fixed it and it made a 7000m3 difference in the volume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ $10 per cube = $70 000!!!! I really hate my job......................

night mate....be good (or good enough not to get caught..bahaha). Hope you find a solution..I will keep looking but I think unless you find a converter (which probably doesnt exist) you might be done?? I will see (if you havent already) if you can actually burn or rip into 64 bit??? from a 32 bit??

cheers bullet:beer: