Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Maya 2009 just stopped batch rendering (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34242)

charlesatlas 12-07-2010 07:30 PM

Maya 2009 just stopped batch rendering

Hello

I am using Maya 2009 with windows 7 on a computer with a quad core and 8 gigs of memory.

This had worked fine since I got it and all of a sudden it wont batch render. It does the test render extremely fast but when you set it to batch render it just sits there..it used to state at the bottom..rendering with maya software and then like lighting start ticking off the frames..now it just states rendering with maya software and just sits there..

I have checked for viruses, cleaned registry, deleted preferences, installed and reinstalled and it still does nothing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Gen 12-07-2010 10:40 PM

Could be that its being blocked by a firewall.

Perfecto 12-07-2010 11:59 PM

Just shooting in the dark here, but try renaming the File name prefix in the render settings window under the common tab.

mirek03 13-07-2010 01:20 AM

this happens on every render.., differant scenes right? not just the single project?

charlesatlas 13-07-2010 02:12 AM

Thank you all for your replies.

For answers:

Windows firewall is off and esset personal security firewall is on.

It happens on every project.

On the file name I have never given any project a name just used the default.

Please reply and thank you.

mirek03 13-07-2010 02:56 AM

at the risk of sounding factitious.., you have checked your file extensions.., being different for single frames.

actually its hard to know why t would stop without knowing more.., been ages since i used Maya.

can you give the crew here more info.

your render settings for example..?

because it makes little sense past that that your renders do a single frame no prob and your batch render fails immediately.

charlesatlas 13-07-2010 06:24 AM

The file extensions are fine and I have tried various render settings with maya software, maya hardware and mental ray and yes it doesnt make much sense thats why I posted here as I have tried everything to fix it.

mirek03 13-07-2010 09:48 AM

maybe post the scene and ill see if it works .., but im using maya 1011

could give it a shot

murambi 13-07-2010 06:30 PM

anyone notice that maya 2011 renders slower by a few seconds than 2009 n the previous versions

charlesatlas 13-07-2010 10:01 PM

Not to sound dumb but you can recreate it all with the .mb..I just assumed the .mb referenced from the hard drive but I can post it if you wish or actually any of them since all of them dont work. Thank you.

mirek03 13-07-2010 11:28 PM

sure, ill recreate it it you like but believe me.., i think it better you send it. If i do something wrong we get faulty results, no ? (read i dont trust me maya skills atm)

ill do anything to help another SM person.

this site has been dam good to me over the years and the mods here are great.

in your hands , send me the file or a scene i can create.

hey, if no projects are working, a bouncing ball or a ball in any animation will do.., more and more im thinking .., hardware!! (JMHO)

up to you, whatever yu think suites yu

i think theres my private mail here.., if not

mkrejci@momentuminternet.com.au

M