Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   October / November - Newb. - Dirack (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13745)

dirack 01-10-2004 01:31 PM

October / November - Newb. - Dirack

I'm thinking of entering.... Have some idea's, but not sure yet...

:D

dirack 01-10-2004 01:40 PM

Ah, since I have little experience in modeling yet, I'll try to go for the classical two faced human-horror hybrid. Horror will be prob. something techno / industrial, open flesh sided.

Edit: (I'll go with this because I'd like to learn to make that, not because all non-experienced modelers are classical two faced human-horror hybrids ;) )

dae 01-10-2004 04:14 PM

good luck on the hybrid, dirack.

dae:)

Omy 01-10-2004 07:38 PM

what are u good in? im ok in modeling, clueless in other feilds, although the photoshop and mapping stuff on this site help.

dirack 01-10-2004 08:34 PM

Well, I'm good at nothing actually, compared to everyone around here. I can manage myself with dynamics and architecture though, and I haven't come across any problems with texturing so far, but that's because I never UV :p :rolleyes: :p :D

Psuedo Realizm 01-10-2004 10:16 PM

Quote:

Edit: (I'll go with this because I'd like to learn to make that, not because all non-experienced modelers are classical two faced human-horror hybrids )

or are we?!?! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,

trying to be scary in a tacky and lame sort of way and all self indulgences aside..... cant wait to see what you got swimming around in that head of yours:)

Pony 02-10-2004 01:32 AM

Lucky for you dirack that textureing is not a thing on this one. Good luck with what it sounds like your concept is though. Would be nice to see a pic. But ya know the dynamic's and partcals can help you.. like blood in mid splater.

dirack 02-10-2004 06:57 AM

Pseudo: Don't tell anyone!! :hurt: :hurt:

Pony: I'm thinking of not using a lot of dynamics, and -will- use texturing :).

The real concept is this: Man, two faced, the normal pretty side which only misses a pupil in his all black eye, the other half is made out of ripped out flesh (continuing from the mouth, eye and a scar), burned flesh, iron and wireing.
He has long (white?) hair and a sharp chin.

I'm not completely sure about the body yet, but I'm going to continue the two sided ness...
For the lightning setup (from behind) I won't have to make any leg or lower torso / hips, only arms.

For the pose .... well that's still classified ;), but I'll say that I will give him two hands..
Oh and for the background the classical almost invisible-due-to-the-not-happy-sunny-ness-with-an-almost-black-sky-with-thunder-castle, but only the contours.

Darn it, -earning- a scanner would have costed less time than it has to type this ;). Hope I can accomplish everything I want though :alien: :D

dirack 02-10-2004 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update, a fast poly creation, which deserves the name blocky guy ... That's the main prob, it looks too blocky, and I'm not satisfied with the smooth either (not so great proportions?). Anyway I'm proud of myself to make this so fast. Didn't know I had it in me :p :p ;) (oh brother)

C&C at will on the crap :)

3Demon 02-10-2004 04:21 PM

The eyes look too big for the head and the cheekbones could come up a bit.

But I already told you all this.... just to let it sink in I'll post here too ;)

murph 02-10-2004 08:16 PM

nice concept dirack, :)

Are you going to run off a few pencil sketches first or go straight in? couldn't hurt to do a few scratches to work from :)

laters mate - murph

Pony 03-10-2004 12:44 AM

Dirack, not that you must. But I don't see why you say your not good with organic's. That face is good for a first draft. If you wanted to refine it, you could really have a great face there. All I'm saying is this face should show you, your not as bad at organic's as you think.

dirack 03-10-2004 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Small fast update, trying to give him classical evil looks (eyebrows, chin, eyes (to make those evil, not to just give it to him and thus making him evil :p)). Back of the head and, chin and nose need some more work. The latter I don't really know how to make the nostrals more realistic, any suggestions? The ears are still invisible
I finally got the idiotic smile of his face too :D. Modeling isn't so hard or annoying as I thought it would be :).:p

Again, C&C are more than welcome! :D

dirack 03-10-2004 10:17 AM

Murph: I have a -very- small sketch of the idea for the head, but I'm not doing more because I usually don't have reference, nor do I have a scanner :). I will use sketches if I can't continue working from scratch anymore though :o.

Pony: thanks for the motivating words, thank you :).

3d: are the eyes better now, although the sockets are still too big at the sides of the head?

3Demon 03-10-2004 10:20 AM

well, they could be in a little more but it depends what you're going for.... you might want to refine parts of the nose a little more too to try and get rid of those artifacts when you smooth it.

Still looking like a gnome though ;)