Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   results of my course; girrafe (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21445)

mirek03 11-05-2006 11:16 AM

results of my course; girrafe

1 Attachment(s)
well after three weeks into my course I have just finished week 4, I ran a little forward because I have been using the program alone for nearly 12-13 months?? but I wish I had of known about this course. anyway, this is my first organic model. I haven't textutred it because I realise how little I know and I am trying to stick to the course.

how would you texture this.., auto map??

mmoore5553 11-05-2006 02:59 PM

just wanted to say congrats mirek...i look for post of your work on here earlier since you like interior scenes ...just came across your plane you did.

good job on your organic model .... your first ....organic for me is rough..what course are you taking just wondering ? looking forward to updates

my first organic was tough ..still working on it lol

mirek03 12-05-2006 12:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yea, thank you. I am surprised how easy Maya is when you understand the tools. There are tools that do tings immediately that I have struggled to do for hours trying to model. Splitting, bevelling, adding, subtracting, just the ease of understanding the different levels of the context menu is so important and I didn't know how important, face, vertice, object, etc, though many people here at simply Maya have tried to help me i still did not understand because they are advanced and what they think is easy .., is, but only if you understand the tools. the course I am doing is little steps and slowly I begin to understand the journey of Maya.

the course I am doing is here in Adelaide, South Australia at a public college called TAFE,' introduction to Maya'. The university I am at does not have anything like this because the teachers come from a 35mm or 16mm film background and there is no courses at all in the film topics dealing with SPX, CG, or any digital film media, the teachers are all dinosaurs when it comes to anything digital and it is hard for me to keep my mouth shut while they lecture about digital sound or graphics because it is so basic an even worse they often fail to get the point across, it is not just me who think so, but other students say this too.

I think the times are moving so fast and multi-tasking is the thing now and I think people have to study themselves to keep up with technology because relying on people from a film stock background has its limits.

thank you for your congratulations. I must say i was a little bit proud. BUT I must say that when someone is helping and you understand the tools it is surprisingly easy.

I look forward to our lightning and interior lessons that are in week 7 or 8, This is a 6 month course and then there are other Maya courses after that I look forward to doing. At the end of this 6 month course I will be able to model a jeep, animate it and texture it, that is many things and a good start to understanding Maya properly.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel I just want to make animation movies about nice things with a friendly message. Maybe stories about Buddha or Loa Tzu, something like that.

also of course, INTERIORS.:)
You can do this course on line I can give you the details if you like??

this is week three but not a render just the view port, the render has fog with it.

happymat27 12-05-2006 06:51 AM

Sounds like you're having a good time and you're definately progressing. Keep at it,

Mat.

mirek03 12-05-2006 08:25 AM

thanks Matt, next is a castle scene, with a camera on a motion trail that leads from one of the bridges into the keep, so you know I'm going to love it, eh!? I will be learning about 'transparent mapping.' sounds like a great way to keep the render times down.:)

Some Guy 12-05-2006 08:55 AM

HEY Mirek, Howzit goin?

The Girrafe is good :beer: keep it up.
Also, that exterior scene is impressive, i like it. I havn't tried n-e thing like that before, is it easy or hard to do?

gster123 12-05-2006 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mirek03
thanks Matt, next is a castle scene, with a camera on a motion trail that leads from one of the bridges into the keep, so you know I'm going to love it, eh!? I will be learning about 'transparent mapping.' sounds like a great way to keep the render times down.:)
Looking good man, think you might be learning the " why model when you can map" which is a cool way of creating quite comeplex objects in a fast time using transparancy maps to create holes in objects.

mirek03 12-05-2006 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yo guys, thanks, it is great to be apart of this community.

some guy, maaaaate.., you could do it standing on your head, it would have been impossible for me to do without the course but understanding the tools makes it easier.

I will put the next week up so you can see the scene as it is built.

gster, mate, yea, there's all these little tricks that are amazing but you gotta know they are there, right!? All you guys make it look easy, it is not easy I know but it is if you know the ropes and really this course has been a great help. anyway, heres the rendered version, I just tried to fix it a bit but my IPR isn't working, maybe because I was rendering from a different project folder, the computer crashed a couple of times actually while i was trying to convert the jpeg to web?? any clues, I might just do a repair (reinstall, what do you think)

mirek03 12-05-2006 10:07 AM

yea, i just went back in and the IPR renderer is fine so I just learnt something new again.., do not IPR render out of another project folder.

mmoore5553 12-05-2006 10:34 AM

very impressive mirek. Yes you have progressed pretty far ..i love the scences you are doing ..very impressive .... i have to try that sometime ...glad you are still with us here. ..keep the pics coming ....

i just keep thinking of your little plane you made way back when and how you have progressed ...good job ..keep the projects up
:beer:

ridicule 14-05-2006 12:48 PM

hey lol
I'm from sydney too. I go to a tafe course on computers but it kinda sucks, lol, its too easy and the stuff I'm learning there I've already learnt my self playing games ... but the course is free anyway school pays for it

I'm thinkin about doing a maya class later when i am old enough after year 12

mirek03 17-05-2006 05:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hey there ridddle-que (whatever) you sound like one hell of a guy,
anyway here are some updates from the course. It will eventuate into transparency mapping soon. here are some boolean things and whatever...

mirek03 17-05-2006 05:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
next

mirek03 17-05-2006 05:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
next boolean operation

mirek03 17-05-2006 05:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
after boolean differance