Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   IRC Anyone ??? ???? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1717)

Cyberlloyd 22-10-2002 02:54 AM

IRC Anyone ??? ????

I have parked my 24/7 box in our IRC Channel if anyone wants to pop by. Its #simplymaya @ DALnet or irc.astrolink.org

www.mirc.com for a irc client.

raul 22-10-2002 03:08 AM

i have mirc. thing but i dont know how to work it. so how do i get to this room.

Cyberlloyd 22-10-2002 03:13 AM

Ok, im going to do a tut on it...

This should be interesting :)

raul 22-10-2002 03:15 AM

ha ha ha.. i use other things to chat with. irc. is new to me.

kbrown 22-10-2002 06:55 AM

I use irc every day, but all my favourite channels are on IRCNet servers. Is there any irc client that allows to be connected on multiple servers? Having two instances of mirc would be one solution, but I find it rather annoying. Currently I'm using a fairly old Mirc...

Oculus 22-10-2002 07:09 AM

kbrown - I run Bersirc IRC and you can connect to several (as many as you want) servers by typing '/nserver address' in the status window.
If you are using Mirc, then you can open the program several times and connect to different servers in each program.

Ditch Mirc and get Bersirc Irc - much better. =]

undseth 22-10-2002 12:43 PM

I want to share with you my first experience with mirc:
I didnt know anything. Quite frustrating, I wasnt prepared.

After a while I learned this: /list command
---
/list philosophy
/list satan
/list whatever

Makes the mirc list all channels in regard to the topic of your choice.

Then klick on the lists of channels to enter them!
---
In chat window:
Ctrl + K
Makes you able to chose the color of the whole sentence or individual letters
But people dont like this much i guess.
---
/quit
command
Exits the whole mirc and types a slogan of your choice if you have made the preparations in the mirc-menu.

IF you have entered a slogan or other fun things in the mirc menu (somewhere in the mirc-menus), the slogan will appear for other people still chatting.

This is mine:
Ash: I admire its purity, its sense of survival; unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality....Ash: One more word. I can't speak for your chances, but...you have my sympathies...A L I E N...

adldesigner 22-10-2002 12:49 PM

Lol! That slogan is great! LMAO when I read it.

By the way, what are the servers ports? I can´t seem to connect to neither server. I´m using trillian. Help would be pretty much appreciated.

undseth 22-10-2002 01:00 PM

Sorry thats beyond me:)
But some servers is difficult to connect to, at certain times. So the solution would be to pick an other server from the mirc list or just be patience and wait for the server to grant connection again.

Cyberlloyd 22-10-2002 03:37 PM

trillian has some issues trying to connect to IRC. Some times I can sometimes I can't

adldesigner 22-10-2002 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cyberlloyd
trillian has some issues trying to connect to IRC. Some times I can sometimes I can't
Oh, ok. Well let´s see if it does then. Thanks! :D

kbrown 22-10-2002 05:12 PM

Just realized that new mirc can do multi-server connections. I'm idling on the #simplymaya atm alone...(well, there's Cyberlloyd but he's mute, channelbot?)

Lemmy 22-10-2002 05:24 PM

oohh better get the latest mirc..im normally on quakenet so that would be handy.

adldesigner 24-10-2002 07:10 PM

Well, so far I made contact with Kbrown ... great guy!
Come on people, hop in once in a while ... :D

kbrown 24-10-2002 08:14 PM

Thanks for the compliment adl. Too bad i had to get off so early. I'll be idling on the channel in the future too...