Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ChainGun (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9502)

twisteddragon33 21-12-2003 04:21 PM

ChainGun

1 Attachment(s)
My second project so far. I did a few mini projects after my first mecha, now a chaingun(chaingun will not be used with mech).

Okay, heres the first wip.

*edited in the second wip because i had the resolution too high for the first one.*

twisteddragon33 21-12-2003 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New update, Edied a few things and tried to use subd's, my first attempt with them. I think it came out okay, still a little sketchy on some parts, but here it is. I need to add a few more things, such as a blast shield, maybe a stand or something. BHecause it would totally suck to have to hold that...

Maybe in my robot fascination, be like a walking robotic stand...

I-Iybrid 22-12-2003 03:00 AM

Looks pretty damned good so far man. :) How long that take you so far?

vladimirjp 22-12-2003 03:54 AM

will it be animated??
that'd B nice... with FX and all

twisteddragon33 22-12-2003 04:11 AM

Well the last screen shot i worked on it for about 2.5 hours, but i had to redo about an hours work because of my father(he did osmething that pretty much made every program crash somehow), but it only took about a half hour to redo what i had done...

I textured it some, and plan to do more. Ide like to animate it but i have no clue how to do that, and it didnt take long to make so i plan to remake it in the future being more animation friendly.

This models not done as i decided to make a stand or something for it. It would be annoying for someone to carry that around.

twisteddragon33 22-12-2003 04:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Decided to make a temporary stand for it... i cant decide if i shoudl have it hanging from something with a pivoting system(i could design one easily) just a matter of what to hang it from, or have it held up by something, like a non moving stand or something... I cant decide if i want this mobile or not..

Any help?

Heres the temp stand.

twisteddragon33 22-12-2003 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Decided to cradle it from above.

I like the cradle directly connected to the gun, but i shoudl have drawn out something better for braking it. I like the legs, but.. somethign about them. Since its so small i guess ill build an entenna/satallite array for it to communicate, as it looks too small to be manned.

twisteddragon33 22-12-2003 07:41 AM

I think thats pretty much it. As i dont plan to texture this model. And i cant think of anything to add that i want to. I could go back and alter a few things... but i find it okay the way it is.

RickStefani 22-12-2003 08:07 AM

Damb that is a lot of barrels. You really like you mesh smooth. Haha. You are awake even later than me. Damb man. It has to be like 3:00 am. I would spend more time on each part.

twisteddragon33 22-12-2003 08:26 AM

Well.. i usually stay up to about 7am... Im on the east coast, how about you? I assume your close.

I would spend more time on each part, but the models the chaingun, the legs were just because i didnt want it floating, and needed something to hold it up.

The mesh is smooth because it was my first attempt at SubD. And i could work on each part more... But no need. The chaingun came out how i wanted it.

Yup... 12 barrels. Thats a lot of spinning. My next one i will optimize to about 6 or 8 barrels.

RickStefani 22-12-2003 08:36 AM

I am in phoenix. A bit earlier. I have to be at work tomarrow at 7:00 though. To learn sub-D's there are two things you want to work on. What causes a round edge and what causes a tight crease. Work on both and you will learn a ton.

Zyk0tiK 22-12-2003 05:48 PM

well one major flaw in it, is that if you made that thing walk, it could only walk sideways like a crab. that'd totally suck.

Alan 22-12-2003 07:29 PM

I would make it so that the barrels look like they actually go thru the supporting ring of metal. At the moment you can tell that they don't. Think about how you would actually make that thing in real life. Use Booleans to get a simple hole cut in it (I know booleans suck but hey) then scale your barrels a tiny amount so that you get some sort of a lip on it which will look cooler (same goes for the bolts in the legs by the way ;))

Alan