Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Azman - Jan/Feb (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24540)

Azman 08-01-2007 12:50 PM

Azman - Jan/Feb

Im definately going to have a go at this challenge. Its my first go at a challenge but ive always wanted to enter and never had the time.

Im gonna have to think about what the character should be but il post up soon with my ideas.

Goodluck to everyone entering!
:beer:

Azman 09-01-2007 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok i think ive got an idea that im going to follow.

i was looking around some mythology stuff and found a lot of references to snakes and an image flashed in my head about a cross between humans and animals.

Im thinking of a half man, half snake like creature. A snakes head on a human character. But i want to see if i can modernise it a bit and make it a bit different.

Heres the initial model i made in maya, im going to work on it slightly in zbrush later for details.
The sections on his hands are going to be where its chains hang.

Azman 09-01-2007 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still very basic at the moment but just starting to add more detail of the muscle structure.

pbman 09-01-2007 04:46 PM

HEY HEY long time no see!!!

good to see ur entering

nice idea although modernising might be hard

remem be cafeful with zbrush dont make the file size too big cos theres a 10mb fil limit

good luck man

Azman 10-01-2007 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey pbman i keeping an eye out on the file size so far. Ive managed to transfer it between Maya and Zbrush a couple of times and its still around 2mb so far.

This is the update so far. Its a bit more defined but a lot still needs to be done to make it more snake-like.

Azman 10-01-2007 10:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres one from the back of the character. I tried to get a snake pattern on the back but its not defined enough yet.

All comments welcome
Thanks

pbman 10-01-2007 10:45 AM

looks nice

nice cobra neck too!!

wat r u gonna do about hads though?

Azman 12-01-2007 12:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres another update to my character,
Ive put it in a basic pose so when i model the chains around it hopefully it might look like its trying to break free.

pbman - i almost forgot about the hands so i added them in aswell.

All comments welcome
Thanks

Azman 12-01-2007 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres another image from the side.

tweetytunes 12-01-2007 01:23 AM

great start there.

I like the cobra look aswell.

Are you going for a more human than snake look for the upper body shape - if so I think it needs some more work (eg armpits),
if you going for a more snake form then it just needs to be toned down alittle.

pbman 12-01-2007 04:39 AM

dude that looks sick

the hands are nice they r nice with that slihtly roughened up look

that nose too its sweet.....

nice pose although i was wondering what it would look like with a slight twist at the hips?

arran 12-01-2007 07:16 AM

cool idea Azman - this is looking very nice so far.:beer:

Azman 13-01-2007 06:03 PM

Hi guys

Thanks for the comments, Ive done some updates but im having a lot of trouble with my internet connection at the moment but il update soon.

tweetytunes - im hoping to get a cross between snake and human for the body so im definately going to add some more details. So i think il tone down some areas and add to the human sections.

pbman- i might rotate the hips more to make it look more dramatic.

Thanks for all the comments

More updates soon.
:beer:

Azman 02-02-2007 08:31 PM

Hello everyone

Sorry about the delay on updates but my internet Still hasnt been fixed:headbang: and the library doesnt have USB connections so i cant post any images.

Il find a way to post as soon as possible.....thats if the competition is still going.

pbman 03-02-2007 04:49 AM

hey!!!

dont give up man

u have till the end of feb
good luck

hope u fix the internet soon