Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Contest_WIP_Pirate (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11675)

ransick 02-05-2004 07:30 PM

WIP_badnews :P

1 Attachment(s)
I followed the CPStut of Carsten Lind !
This headmodel need special thanks to him for supporting my project! ;)
Also rotbol helped me alot during the project so thanks to him too!!

I was thinkin' to make a highres piratehead! With all the pirate stuff on it... This is just a clean medium res head! My first achievement will be to make it a high detailed model...

Please feel free to comment so I can try to change it here and there...

I don't know If I have time to make it a textured model because I'm just a noob at this and I need to learn it first...but If I have time left I will give it a try....

cb8rwh 02-05-2004 08:01 PM

wish I was as much a noob as you were!!! really nice modelling, nice mean expression as well!!

ransick 03-05-2004 09:03 AM

thanks man! Today I will post a progress...
cheers

dragonsfire 03-05-2004 03:40 PM

Very nice modeling :)

ransick 03-05-2004 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is another character I want to add to the scene....
The canon will also will be part of it...
I have know pretty much figuredout how I want the scene to be...
These 3 elements will be the main of the scene...
I hope next week I can show what my idea is...

ransick 03-05-2004 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
basic canon...I will add some detail to the canon next week..

Jay 03-05-2004 08:20 PM

Hey Ransick

Cool, nicely styled heads, they have disney- esque kind of look about them. Good stuff!!! Carry on

Jango

ransick 03-05-2004 09:19 PM

hey thanks Jango!
It gives me alot of convert, knowing that it's good stuff :D

Ankalagon 03-05-2004 09:51 PM

jea man nice modeling for now!!!! I remember wanted too buy dragon tutorial to learn more abouth modeling!!! Did you bouth it??? Greate improve of skilss for short time man!!! Keep it up M8

ransick 03-05-2004 10:17 PM

thanks Ankalagon! yes I bought it!! It did great things with me! That tut was really the foundation of what Im doing now!! and Im still learning :D

link to the dragonhead...

http://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...ght=dragonhead

Ankalagon 04-05-2004 03:33 PM

Ofcours you are learning m8, you just have made nice progres for short time and that`s for compliments!! Keep on fighting and ofcours: "ARRRRRRRRRRR m8" :)

ransick 22-05-2004 05:01 PM

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS!!

1 Attachment(s)
GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS!!

GOOD NEWS! ...there is some nice weather in holland so Im fotografing alot at the moment...as some of you know that Im a student fotographer.... Im busy with some school projects so that's a good thing!!

BAD NEWS! ...since Im busy with school and all...I find a little time to work on the computer and espesially with maya! With my normal job and bad weather I found a lot of free time to tryout maya but now I have to do it with a little time I have left over...
It's not that Im quitting with maya but I have to sign out the contest because I still need to learn to much before I can finish the scene the way I want.... Im a perfectionist so I want it to be real DAMN good!
I will post a image of a peace of the scene I wanted to make and I will still continue with this scene becuase Im having a lot of fun doing thisone!

I trying to make a body for a man but first I started with a women becuase there a tut for thatone....so I can practice first....
YOU'LL WILL SEE THIS TO BE CONTINUED!!
It just will take some time :)
Thanks for all the responds and will see youall soon on the wip for the body !

goodluck to my fellow contestmembers!! cya

Ankalagon 22-05-2004 07:04 PM

Hehehe you give life tone off dead topics, i didnt know that you and i are colegs, i am photographer too, with witch camera ay\re you working?? I have this nice Nikon 801 vith 35-70 lens and its working realy niec!! I was taking pictures with this sigmas macro lens other day and thats just something that i realy like, macro pics are greate!!

ransick 22-05-2004 09:03 PM

eeeeej colleague!!
what a coincidence! you know.... we understand eachother! :P

well...right now I have a lowbudget nikon f55 with a 28-80 and 75-300 ...
I work in a photostore and I played around with a canon with a macro lens and you can do real cool stuff with it! It's a totally different world looking trough such a closeup lens! I didn't made any pics with it yet but do you have some samples ? I'll pm you my email incase you have some...
as Im a student I just started really photograph with an real camera so I don't have a good portofolio right now but Im working on it...

to tell you the truth....
last year I was able to choose between 3dschool or photographschool.... I choose photgrapicschool over the 3dschool because I didn't knew much (back than) about 3d in general... Looking back I know I did the right thing! I just love to make photo's and I really think you need to practice for it in real live and with the 3d I can make my own school at home at my own time...
It's probably a slow progress but I put my motivation and inpiration from sm and sofar so gooood!
My plan is to just learn as much as I can at home with 3d till I got my photograpicschool done... and than it will be time to traval around the world baby!! :P
I'll come visit you! ;)
actually.... where are you from ?

Ankalagon 22-05-2004 09:35 PM

ahhhhh i hate my connection!!! Hmm you could get ICQ and contact me so we could chat a bit, i think that its not ok for us to chat ower the SimplyMaya :), and BTW i am from Serbia - ex Yugoslavia!! Do you still whant to drop by :), See ya mate, contact me !!