Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Millennium Falcon (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423)

undseth 03-10-2002 04:45 PM

Millennium Falcon

1 Attachment(s)
I have four projects on the way, but i want to finish the Millennium Falcon first.

I have made most of the ship, cockpit, radar, guns, landing-wells, main shapes.

This model was made based on a imported 3ds file i found on the net, at this time i cannot remember who made that file i imported.

I will now focus on finishing the forward protruding part of the ship. The whole thing is a combo of nurbs for the bigger and complex shapes and poly's for fast modeling of the small parts.

The imported 3ds file had the falcon way out of proportions on several parts, so i have tried to make the falcon like the ones in the movies.

undseth 03-10-2002 06:04 PM

Tiny update

1 Attachment(s)
Yup...

ragecgi 03-10-2002 06:21 PM

NICE WORK!!!

undseth 04-10-2002 01:11 AM

Another update

1 Attachment(s)
Yes...

Roman 04-10-2002 01:19 AM

cool man.. great amount of detail too.. :D

undseth 04-10-2002 01:27 AM

Thanks Roman, i love feedback!

And I meant "yes" another update :) of course.

The detail is killing me :) , this is probably the biggest starship i will ever bother to design. A Star-Destroyer would be fun, but lack of schematics and the tedious work in making ALL the cool details would annoy me too much.

With some good texturing, the details here will blend exitingly into the textures. A bit fun to watch it now, as the the small parts seemingly make up for a complex construction.

undseth 04-10-2002 02:25 AM

Another view

1 Attachment(s)
Color change and a new exiting view...

undseth 04-10-2002 04:21 AM

hmm

1 Attachment(s)
I'll let this view sink in a bit before i really decide the size of the disk on the millennium falcon.

I will probably reduse the diameter of the disk by 2 percent.

sheesh... I got a low-virtual-memory-warning just now... But i had some "easy" multitasking, with two internet-browsers and ACDSee. I really hope that i wont see that again.

Kevin 04-10-2002 07:40 AM

hey mate..nice modelling skills there!!

very nice detail, its nice to see you getting those little bits spot on.

you tried a walker yet?

adldesigner 04-10-2002 11:13 AM

That thing is getting greater by the day! ...

Keep on it! ... going to texture it right?

undseth 04-10-2002 04:06 PM

I have thought about making an AT-ST, but it's not one of my favourite models.

The Incom-T-65 (right?) Superiority Fighter (x-wing) is interesting, but i would need some decent blueprints for that project.

I found a facinating site last night; A set of closeup pictures taken of several models used in the star-wars movies; http://www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/smith_sw.htm

The texturing will be scary, but I will find a way. I guess I could settle for some decent textures and not some high-detailed images. Im not sure how to texture it, it has a combo of nurbs- and poly-objects

HeHe I saw a Lightwave model of the Falcon on the internet, and it looks a bit different from mine, so it will be fun to hear some critiques later on. And that lightwave model had some flaws of course, but maybe im wrong, time will tell. So I make quite an effort to proportion the parts "correct", it will be too late to do so late in the project.

I discovered an important detail last night, the cockpit
-tube seems to fuse slightly into the bottom disk on a pic i found, i didn't think that was right at first, so i will have to find some confirmation on that detail. (If true, i must re-position my cockpit and maybe scale it a little.)

undseth 04-10-2002 05:08 PM

A little something

1 Attachment(s)
I will start workin on the disk today.

undseth 04-10-2002 05:41 PM

Pictures indicate an upslope...

And some personally breaking news (pun intended)... :)

But I can fix all this :banana:

The banana guy told me so.

undseth 04-10-2002 05:45 PM

heres the missing pic

1 Attachment(s)
Comparison between ONE of the models used in the movies, and my ship.

adldesigner 04-10-2002 06:09 PM

I find it quite interesting the amount of research work you´re actually following to get your model done .. keep doing so .. It´ll render you some great results ...

Me personally have a great deal of problems modelling realisticaly, although with some practice .. I´ll master it.

See you around .. model´s looking great .. keep on it!