Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   young girl (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33887)

Minstrel 16-03-2010 10:37 PM

young girl

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All, it has been a while since I have done anything on Maya and even longer since I posted anything here. Recently I started working on a girl's portrait, and I would very much welcome any CC you may have. The eyebrows are definitely not final.

Thanks

daverave 17-03-2010 08:40 AM

Hi Minstrel
You are most of the way there she looks like a girl, bit of a dark render. The things that dont look right are the middle of the forhead needs to go back a little, the bridge of the nose needs to come out and maybe the cheeks could be moved back a little........hope this helps Dave

Minstrel 17-03-2010 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hi Dave, thx a lot for the comments. here is one of the reference pictures I am using. the bridge of the nose does seem to stick out on that picture more than on my model. Not sure if its the light or what. i have another reference picture of the same girl from the side and it is a copy of my model, so maybe is the light. I'll play with it. I need to start working on the shirt.

Thanks again

gster123 17-03-2010 09:35 PM

Hay man,

Is that your daughter? I remember seeing a baby model you did and looking at this is relly reminded me if that model! t is if you want it spot on)

Could be teh shadow but form the ref the nose looks a bit off, also it may be best having multiple angles as its a tad hard to se the matching (tha

Looking good so far. Are you going to texture it at all?

Cheers

Steve

daverave 17-03-2010 09:52 PM

Hi Minstrel
I think you need to moved the area on the sides of the nose (cheek area) back to get the result you need, when I was looking at her first I was think a older girl, looking at the eye might try a little bigger.............dave

honestdom 17-03-2010 11:29 PM

i think it could just be the lighting. There is a pretty clear terminator on the model, try some softer lighting.
looks good :)

Minstrel 18-03-2010 12:49 AM

Hey Steve, you are are correct :) And yes, definitely will be textured.

what dave suggested may be part of it...but yes, the contour of the nose needs to be a little better defined, perhaps it may have to do with the thickness of the nose at the top.

Thanks all for the help.

Minstrel 18-03-2010 04:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the model without a render. I made some small changes around the nose, but the difference is not that big to what i had before.

daverave 18-03-2010 03:21 PM

Hi Minstrel
Are you going to do the hair more like the reff...dave

Minstrel 18-03-2010 07:05 PM

to do it like that would be a different technique from what I did because of the level of control needed over individual hairs. the hair as you see so far is made up of 7 separate scalp sections and 7 separate hairs. My other constraint is the horse power of my computer. it may or may not render more easily with this other technique, but right now i reached pretty much the max number of hairs my computer will handle. that picture at the beginning of the thread took about 4 mins to render. My machine doesn't like hair it seems. I have 4Gigs on windows XP...so its really a lot less being used for rendering...

daverave 18-03-2010 08:19 PM

Hi Minstrel
You can follow this tut or just make curve and assign hair to them...dave

http://wargasm.fortawesome.com/tutor.../MayaHair.html

Minstrel 19-03-2010 02:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thx Dave, here is an update. lots of changes to the face...pushed the eyes slightly forward.

Minstrel 21-03-2010 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another small update...fine tuned the face a bit more.

ColdWave 21-03-2010 11:09 PM

Technique for the eyelashes and eyebrows ?

I personal made the eyelashes with alpha and paint the strokes. Can you share your technique.

And the technique for the eyebrows ? Pain the Uv map or used paintFX ...

Thx ...

Keep it up waiting for the SSS and textures :beer:

Minstrel 01-04-2010 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Playing with different hair style. its missing the pony tail at the back.