Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   London Meet Up (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32286)

honestdom 16-04-2009 11:27 PM

London Meet Up

Hello SM,

A friend of mine is trying to organise a creative meet up of people in London. it will be sometime in May i think. I was wondering if any of you lot want to come for a drink and an exchange of ideas and whatever. basically talking about what everyone is working on and what have you.

There is a facebook group we have, if anyone is interested i'll post it up.

Cheers

Dom.

:beer:

Dango77 16-04-2009 11:48 PM

Are noobs allowed, or is it an experienced user thing only?
Be honest (I know you will be...lol) if you'd prefer the experienced user only, I for one wouldn't be offended if that was the case.
Does sound interesting though.

honestdom 16-04-2009 11:56 PM

Of course anyone is welcome! The more the merrier
I've been learning 3d for a bit less than a year now so I'm still a noob too. :)

I will post more details in the morning but the idea is to bring your work on a USB and some of us will have laptops (or you could bring one too) to have a look at stuff.

Dango77 17-04-2009 12:19 AM

Sounds good to me then mate, count me in, can only learn from it (and get a bit pissed) and have a laugh! I've no laptop (I've only owned a pc since last summer!) so will have to be a usb for me.
I'll keep a check on this thread then.
Nice one!
:beer:

David 17-04-2009 12:56 AM

If I'm back in the UK on the dates in question count me in. If not if anyone ever gets over to Prague feel free to give me a buzz.

Dave

tweetytunes 17-04-2009 01:11 AM

I might be up for it - depends when it is - Dartford is not that far away.

Jay 17-04-2009 12:35 PM

Yeah I'll make an appearance if it all goes ahead. And if Dave turns up that will be even better!

Jay

halfloaf 17-04-2009 05:40 PM

Would love to go but I'm a bit out of the way on the west coast! Pity!

tweetytunes 17-04-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hammer.horror
Of course anyone is welcome! The more the merrier
I've been learning 3d for a bit less than a year now so I'm still a noob too. :)

Hold on doing 3d for a year !!!! and you got a job in 3d you lucky bugger

honestdom 18-04-2009 12:35 AM

hello all,

this sounds great, i'm glad people are interested. I was thinking soho would be a fitting place to meet as most of the 3d stuff goes on there.

I've been out tonight but i'll post up the facebook group tomorrow. bed is calling!

very up for this now! a couple of people from my work are going to come along too (or so they say) so hopefully it will be a nice turn out. :)

dom.

btw, yes tweety i started in June 08, not got a full-on job in 3D yet, but definitely working on it! my work is liked but there are no jobs to be had so its just a case of waiting for something to come up. :zzz:

Dango77 21-04-2009 08:58 PM

Any news on the meet up Hammer?

Have just got back from the pub so I'm not in any rush for a drink...lol, was just wondering.

mtmckinley 22-04-2009 02:24 AM

Wish I could! I'm on the west coast of the USA, so... that'd be quite a trip. :)

honestdom 29-04-2009 05:57 PM

hello, sorry for the late reply dango.

there is a meet up tonight! ...yeah, short notice for me too, (i found out today) so i will try and organise another one.
my friend is off to FMX 09 in Stuttgart so it will be after that i guess.

Chirone 29-04-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mtmckinley
Wish I could! I'm on the west coast of the USA, so... that'd be quite a trip. :)
i think i have the longest way to travel, being 12 hour difference and all ;)

Jay 30-04-2009 08:08 AM

tonight!? Fk me talk about short notice and where is it by the way? Directions always help

Jay