Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Antivirus with maya (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3190)

Rodi 13-01-2003 08:26 PM

Antivirus with maya

I was ondering if there is any Ativirus that doesn't influence maya's performance. I've tried Norton (Not good) and Karsperky (Not GOOD). What else can I try?

undseth 13-01-2003 08:56 PM

I have norton up all the time. Could I take it "offline" to improve performance with maya??? Are you sure there is an improvement?

Just curious.

If there are any gain with this, then I'll disable it. The only time I have had a virus was when some guy tried to send me an infected file via the MSN messenger.

Kevin 13-01-2003 09:20 PM

I never use anti virus systems... they bog the system, make it run like crap,

and lets face it... as long as we keep on buying these "anti viruses" ...they will keep "appearing"

killerBee 13-01-2003 10:23 PM

Ya i am with kevin on that one ..i dont use a ant-t-virus killer i just format the pc every 12 weeks or so just in case i have been dont this for years..

killerBee 13-01-2003 10:25 PM

oops:: dont = doing ...sorry :p

Rodi 13-01-2003 10:38 PM

I was working with norton, and everytime I was in Maya I would disable the antivirus. It seems a little better, but now I don't use antivirus anymore. I'll check if I can find some online antivirus, I think TREND has one.

Emo 13-01-2003 10:41 PM

We'll I have Norton All the time and I dont see any problems with maya...

-Emo

mrmacca 14-01-2003 12:04 AM

I'm with Emo. I run Nortons 24/7 and it makes no difference at all to Maya or any software on my PC if it's disabled or not.

Kevin 14-01-2003 12:25 AM

yep same as killerBee! I reformat so often..like every 2-3 months so it is always ok...plus if any one gets a virus, then the anti virus wont have the update for another 3 months to actually stop it :P

any ways its a personal thing I guess, some like it, some feel safer with it, and some are made to have it if they use company emails.. but when doing big renders..it does my system no good to have the Anti- thingy in the background..

in 5 years I have probaly had about 50 viruses sent to my mail but its so easy to see that there are viruses.

The only time I have ever had one "go off" was when I was just about to format and wanted to see what it done so I hit the .exe :)

I was expecting lots of fun like scrolling screens etc...but it was fairly lame, just started destroying dll files ;)

Emo 14-01-2003 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kevin
The only time I have ever had one "go off" was when I was just about to format and wanted to see what it done so I hit the .exe :)
You have to be careful with stuff like that because once I got a virus that was set to go off exactly April 23rd and when it did it destroyed so much that it even messed up my HARDWARE, not just files...:eek: (it did something to your mobo or something)

anyway, I got lucky and 3 days before April 23rd I got rid of it :banana:

-Emo

Kevin 14-01-2003 01:17 AM

nothing worrys me emo... Im harder then a coffin nail :D

-<{ JB }>- 14-01-2003 07:03 AM

Yeah, some virusses can screw up your BIOS and stuff like that. I have norton on 24/7 and I have no probs with Maya. Antivirus software can be really useful, but there is nothing like a good reformat to really keep your PC at it's healthiest and fastest. The pain is reinstalling everything though!