Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Free Maya UFO Tutorial Here - Must See! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22904)

BMS 29-08-2006 06:22 AM

Free Maya UFO Tutorial Here - Must See!

OK before you download it let me explain :)

My son has been using Maya for a while now and while I was restoring files from my old HD, I found a tutorial my son made a few months back. He's been watching the Simplymaya ones and wanted to make his own.

Note that at the time of making this he was around 6 and a half years old. He is seven now.

Hope you get a laugh out of it.

Right Click and Save As

Cheers
Paul

Tubby 29-08-2006 06:32 AM

It's great ! Kurt better look out !

t1ck135 29-08-2006 09:05 AM

no sound here at work but the modelling looks good :)
you should get your son to do some more

Sepo 29-08-2006 01:05 PM

Wow! I'm speechless. :D He got skills. :)

mmoore5553 29-08-2006 01:25 PM

very good ..wow so young too ...that is good ....

Kurt 29-08-2006 01:35 PM

hehe... think im out of a job great stuff=)

vladimirjp 29-08-2006 01:49 PM

wow. hehe.

cutest thing ever. "press z, easy"

:)

you outa save that video and show to him 10-15 years later and see his reaction.

priceless stuff, did you coach him as he was doing it?

BMS 29-08-2006 06:34 PM

Thanks Guys,

Its funny because when he first did it, I got him started but I didn't watch the video, so I was just as blown away by it. He had been hassling me about doing one for ages. Not even sure why he wanted to do one.

After watching it, he wants to do more now.

Quote:

Originally posted by vladimirjp
. . . did you coach him as he was doing it?
vladimirjp, that's the exact question my wife asked! The only coaching I gave him was, introduce yourself, keep it short and explain what you are doing and what you are pressing . . and I told him he had to do it in one hit, no stopping.

I was cooking while he was doing it. Its all him :) bummer that I wasn't there, because I could have got him out of trouble when he had problems with one of his extrudes (he only selected one face instead of two).

He's actually watched most of Kurt's Spitfire tutorial . . so I put it down to Kurt's influence ;)

Cheers
Paul

Husam 30-08-2006 12:42 PM

Wow! That wasn't just funny, it was really impressive. I can't imagine how skilled he will be in 10 years, if he's still interested of course. ;)

Looking forward to his next one already. :p

13th_resident 31-08-2006 08:49 AM

and you know what else is the cool. e's using maya!! harhar.
but yeah your son was awesome. i only ended up watching half. and cool space ship. i remember the first maya tutorial that i did, it was a rocket type of thing. but of course. it was s**t.

cheers for your son. :beer:

foto-z 31-08-2006 02:52 PM

Very impressive for his age :)

Sil-Valeor 02-09-2006 11:04 AM

wtf? so young and already a good modeler? Man this kid's gonna be a genius ;)

THX1138 03-09-2006 09:48 AM

I just watched the tut. I am really impressed with his ability in maya. Heh, he should start charging for his stuff in the future.;)

BMS 03-09-2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by THX1138
. . . he should start charging for his stuff in the future.;)
Yes we are setting up a website called simplythomas.com :) . . Just kidding. Thomas did ask me if he is going to get any money for his tutorials, so I gave him $5 . . so there you go, he's been paid.

He is going to have a go at a few more tutorials soon, I'll post a link once he does some more :)

Cheers
Paul

THX1138 03-09-2006 11:13 AM

Origionally posted by BMS:
Quote:

so I gave him $5 . . so there you go, he's been paid.
That is awsome to hear! :beer:

The most amazing thing about it is that he used tools that I never use during my modeling sessions. I mean that I use poly extrude and I push and pull verticles and such, but he made me look like I didn't know that much about maya. :beer: