Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   February Challenge - Speed Machine - Dango (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35064)

Dango77 04-02-2011 03:39 PM

February Challenge - Speed Machine - Dango

Not too sure what I'll try doing, am thinking either a mad max style vehicle that's just bits put together but has some huge turbine engines on it, or go the total other way and do some sort of futuristic vehicle.
I'll decide when I have a little more time to think about it.

Good luck all! Ill be looking forward to seeing everyone's work!

bullet1968 09-02-2011 09:27 PM

Thinking thinking still?

Dango77 11-02-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullet1968 (Post 313989)
Thinking thinking still?

lol....

Nah, just had far too much work on to do anything, but have settled on an idea this afternoon, and have made a start on a proxy version of it to try and get the shape right.
I've decided on a speeder bike type machine, like the ones in Return of the Jedi, so when I've got some more progress made (probably a day or two before the finals date....lol) I'll post some wips.

I'm liking what everyone's been coming up with so far though!

bullet1968 12-02-2011 12:24 AM

LOL I know what you mean about work mate! good luck...sounds sweet.

cheers bullet

Dango77 12-02-2011 05:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd better post something to show I haven't given up before even starting...lol

Actually made a start on it finally today, between working, when I had a break here and there. Not easy to design two totally different things at the same time! I wont get any more time until monday to do any more, but hopefully I'll make some better progress then.

tweetytunes 12-02-2011 07:26 PM

Very nice too some work from you - the works good aswell

bullet1968 12-02-2011 09:11 PM

I dig the shape mate!! This looks good!

Dango77 12-02-2011 11:07 PM

Cheers guys, glad you're liking it so far.
It feels great to be back after such a long time! I realized earlier it's been about 5 months since I even opened Maya! I am going to do my best to stop letting work run my life and make time for art once again. Lol

Dango77 16-02-2011 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not much of an update I'm afraid, was working from home but my spare time got taken up with shooting Necromorphs.... Dead space 2 rocks!
Anyhow, I'll do a bit more tonight when I get in, and a load tomorrow afternoon/night so hopefully a better update then.

tweetytunes 16-02-2011 05:34 PM

Its fun that - this challenge has stopped me playing it at the mo - good game though - even better with the free ps3 version of the wii game - that was nice little bonus.

But are the handle bars really the only update - put the pad down

Dango77 17-02-2011 01:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah I do need to limit the gaming time and get back on Maya a bit more often, down the pad goes...lol

Got a little more done this evening as I had a couple of hours spare when I got in. I'll try to make a little more progress tomorrow hopefully, just have to see how work goes in the morning and with a bit of luck I may get a few hours in the afternoon to do some more.

Dango77 18-02-2011 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not done a whole lot more yet, just haven't had the time. But I have done this render to see how it's looking, and I quite like how its coming along, just need to get some more of the components in there and I can get on with adding the finer details.

bullet1968 18-02-2011 09:23 PM

Looks good mate, the only thing (IMO) that looks odd is the diameter of the handlebars...personally I think it should be thicker...they look a little weak to me. Maybe give em a bit more shape?? like a bent letter Y so there is an extra bend just where it comes out of the body...say 30° then heads to the rider??

cheers bullet

Chirone 20-02-2011 10:05 AM

looks like it'll be fast :)

Dango77 21-02-2011 09:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cheers Chirone, glad it's looking the way it's meant to then! lol

Thanks for the input Bullet, I had thought the bars were looking a little too thin, but when I fattened them up they looked wrong too. So what I've done is add a cover over the middle section, which would be protection for the brake cables (see bottom image).

Done slightly more to it, still a little way to go though.