Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Succubus (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23336)

blomkaal 28-09-2006 08:21 AM

Succubus

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

I know it's been a while, but I've been pretty busy lately, and there's not been much time for Maya... Been working alot, and playing lots of WoW :)

As a result of that, I've decided to try modeling a character from the game, the succubus, a demon pet of the warlock character

Here's an image from the game

blomkaal 28-09-2006 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here's an image on where I'm at with the modeling at the moment

blomkaal 28-09-2006 08:26 AM

And here's the wire... So far it's all quads, except for a few tris at the butt to leg transition that I'm gonna need a little help with :)

blomkaal 28-09-2006 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Forgot the image :)

blomkaal 28-09-2006 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And one with the wings (not attached yet)

blomkaal 28-09-2006 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And a wire shot of the wings (I know, they're a bit messed up :) )

Think that's all for now :)

arran 28-09-2006 10:40 AM

hey blomkaal - good to see you back - it's been a while. :beer:

The model is looking very good so far - I like the shifts in angle that you have going on from the ribcage to the pelvis - it's looking very cool.

my one crit would be that the wings just look wierd connecting to the body so low down, but then I had a look at the model and I see that that's where they are. I guess I'm just used to wings coming out from the shoulder blades, if you know what I mean.

gster123 28-09-2006 03:35 PM

Nice to see your back Blomkaal!

Looking like a really nice start!

mirek03 01-10-2006 10:29 PM

your model looks better than the original

gibblet 02-10-2006 12:04 AM

hi this has got nothing to do with your post but does anyone no how to help me, i keep getting this stupid message saying you you visited this page 150 times today try again tommorro and i have been unable to download for over two weeks. I've sent heaps of messages to dave and kevin but they wont ****ing reply, someone please help.

P.s really nice model, coming along great.

blomkaal 02-10-2006 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Small update, added arms and did a very basic 3-point lighting for the wip renders...

Thanks for the comments everyone, Arran, yeah, I get you on the wings, but as I said, they're not attached yet, so I'll get back to where I want then coming from later :)

t1ck135 03-10-2006 09:58 PM

nice going blomkaal

not too sure about the position of the breasts now that you've got the arms in. They look a little low on the torso for the size. Then again it might just be my preference ;)
Also is the belly button area going to be covered as it could probably do with a little more detail if not

keep it up

blomkaal 03-10-2006 11:19 PM

Yeah the breasts seem a bit low, but they match my refs (gotta love those nudie pics :) ), so I'm thinking it might just be the angle... I seems the T pose also raises the shoulders a bit, so if I get this rigged, that'll hopefully sort it out...

As for clothing, I haven't really gave it much thought yet... I'll see to it when I get there :)