Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Manga Gun (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13859)

Tim_LIVID 07-10-2004 10:32 AM

Manga Gun

1 Attachment(s)
A little while back I asked for a gun tutorial, there wasn't one right for my needs so I had to go it alone (scary stuff, lol).

It going to have to animated being assembled (in the end).

C & C welcome as always.

... wow, my first 2 WIP threads ever in the past couple of weeks :)

4 pics showing different stages of development.

Tim_LIVID 07-10-2004 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
.... Wireframe of all the sections blown out ....

Tim_LIVID 07-10-2004 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
.... quick render ....

Tim_LIVID 07-10-2004 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
.... last render ....

P.S. Having just read Dave's thread ----> This gun is based on a gun from Hellsing ... or it will be when I have textured it. :D

Jean Carlos 08-10-2004 12:56 PM

Great work. Maybe more light and shadows to get the "ambient"... =)

Congratulations ...

p.s: Do the bullet time thing =) the bullet getting out slowly and with waves .. =) hehehe

Cheers,
Jean Carlos

Tim_LIVID 08-10-2004 01:28 PM

I will do all that sort of stuff when it's finshed, there is a tutorial here (somewhere) that teaches you how to do the bullet time effect so i'll have to do that.

This character that im making has 2 big guns, one white and one black so expect more updates as and when I can.

Gotta finish my Wile E Coyote first (T minus 2 weeks and counting) but then it's Manga style action all the way. :D

Tim_LIVID 09-10-2004 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a quick little update for you folks.

Im going to have an animation of it (eventually) being fired with this X-Ray shader.

I an't stop myself from going into detail :confused:

happymat27 09-10-2004 08:26 PM

Excellent stuff, looking forward to seeing finished product!

Tim_LIVID 09-10-2004 08:59 PM

Cheers, im starting to texture it tonight and then some more tommorow (probably).

That is what my weekend consist's of :D

MainlineX 09-10-2004 10:50 PM

Hey Tim, your gun is looking really nice, keep it up, looking forward to the final product. :)

gohan1842 10-10-2004 05:43 AM

it seems like the handle is too short. i mean i wouldnt be able hold it. lol

Tim_LIVID 10-10-2004 11:33 AM

Well that's more of an optical illusion, that handel is the right size but the barrel is abnormaly long. It's hard to see with no texture or hand to give a sence of scale.

I've tweaked the model and cleaned it up a bit, not too much that Im going to post it. You should all like it when it's done (provided I don't mess up on the texturing and lighting again :D)

ransick 10-10-2004 05:38 PM

nice stuff Tim! looking forward to see finishing result! I must say that Im pretty impressed allready...due the fact that you figured this out alone :) that's mine kinda style too! ;)

Tim_LIVID 10-10-2004 05:41 PM

Cheers mate, it's not easy but you learn soo much. I've started the scary part of texturing, it's not going to bad, I will post my progress in the next couple of days.

Cheers for the interest.

ckyuk 10-10-2004 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tim_LIVID
This character that im making has 2 big guns, one white and one black so expect more updates as and when I can.

So you are going to model Arucard aswell as his guns? :D :D :D

Good luck, i've tried and failed. I was going to do a 3D image from the seen when he's fighting (if thats what you call it) one of the brothers (can't remember his name) when the mansion is under attack.