Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   June Challenge - freemind (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6343)

freemind.cz 15-06-2003 08:47 PM

June Challenge - freemind

1 Attachment(s)
Hehe I am in! Just quick poor boxy sketch for start.Guess whats next ;-)

Vectorman 15-06-2003 09:47 PM

CooL, tell us about its Enviroment!

LauriePriest 16-06-2003 09:03 AM

yup indeed, give us some concept details and say what level your entering at, noob or normal

freemind.cz 16-06-2003 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh sorry, almost forgot about that ! Well I am for NORMAL entry.
Well for my concept it will be vehicle able to drive in extreme climate weather , like on mars or something, its meant to be lightweight (cause fuel will be solar energy) , advanced materials like titanium and of course equiped with some sort of navigation unit (maybe separate flying device transmising navigational data)

freemind.cz 16-06-2003 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I am starting to refine basic shape to break soo boxy style...its polygons but will transfer it to subdiv later.comments welcome ! btw its so cool to see progress pics isn't it ?:)

LauriePriest 16-06-2003 03:32 PM

very nice! can you tell how you did the weels please?

freemind.cz 16-06-2003 04:42 PM

LauriePriest : well its just simple extruding selected faces (extrusion tool) on plain poly cylinder where , Polygons-> Tool Options > faces keep together :off and subdivision caps on cylinder set 1. (default) Then select faces (3 faces space) and extrude there and there.Subdivision axis on cylinder was 45. After selection you can do quick set from selected faces for later quickselect Select faces > (Create -> Quick select sets -> name it for example wheelfaces. then if you need this selection you can type in box (sets - just on top on the status line toolbar ) wheelfaces and voila its selected :)

Vectorman 16-06-2003 05:17 PM

hehe interesting explanation.A few things....

1 MOD PLEASE CORRECT HIS THREAD SUBJECT.(for normal)

2 Just letting you know, while you're still in early stages, that the vechicle is supposed to perform a specific extreme task, and that simply a generalized extreme enviroment vehicle might lose some points later. For example if you did decide to make it a MARS explorer, that i'm sure would be great(especially for the solar idea = ). I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I'm just trying to save you a whole lot of dissapointment later. My vehicle is more of a generalized ATV, but it has other things too some i'm hoping no one will notice:rolleyes:

3 The solar idea is great, but you should always have a backup battery!

Should be cool when this one takes of a bit more.

freemind.cz 17-06-2003 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello , thanks for good advices ..i changed idea a bit myself , it will be extreme bottom of the sea driving machine..so it looks remind rayfish or something :) Have to think about power to move this vehicle..its obvious it can't be solar :( i think about electricity ..it will fit ok . Its overal shape without details yet to come!

freemind.cz 17-06-2003 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sideview

M 19-06-2003 03:35 AM

hey charles :D.. you have a very imaginative style! I love it. One thing i see though is that you should maybe make the details on your tires stick out a bit more.. and change the colors around.. also, on this second design.. where do you sit? Great stuff... :D.. btw, add some harpoon launchers (Y). Keep it up :D.

freemind.cz 24-06-2003 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
...long time no update...well sorry been bussy on everyday work. here is update..switched back to maya render.
Our hero needs lights...pretty strong lights cause extreme deep so there is no light from sun!

brian_ellebracht 24-06-2003 02:35 PM

THats pretty cool man. It looks like a face :)
Can't wait to see more
Brian

roach105 24-06-2003 02:39 PM

I like it. Very cool

Vectorman 24-06-2003 04:11 PM

if its soo lightweight you might want a propellor on there somewhere cause of the physics underwater. Very interesting style, and i agee with Brian, it looks ALOT like a face on the front!