Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   air balloon (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34535)

murambi 24-10-2010 10:06 AM

air balloon

1 Attachment(s)
hey everyone decided to post some projects that im working on for a client
so basically i am doing pitch presentation and i need to come up with a couple of stills and animations

so here is the basic backplate and texture

murambi 24-10-2010 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and heres a quick render

daverave 24-10-2010 10:38 AM

Looking nice, could do with a little blur on it.................dave

bullet1968 24-10-2010 10:41 AM

I agree with dave...looks good but the balloon, in particular the basket looks a little too sharp mate.

cheers bullet

Edit : maybe too bright too mate...contrast looks too good compared to the background.

Johndoe050 24-10-2010 11:04 AM

Maybe place the ballon a little diffrent. It looks a bit odd with the top of the balloon at the same level as the horizion.

ben hobden 24-10-2010 11:44 AM

Whats the animation going to be Murambi?

halfloaf 24-10-2010 12:09 PM

First up, look at some balloon references, your balloon is too squat. Look here for some reference images.

The basket is also a bit too small.

Bristol Balloon Fiesta

Hope these help.

ColdWave 24-10-2010 01:43 PM

Make occlusion map... or i just don't see it. : )

murambi 24-10-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

I agree with dave...looks good but the balloon, in particular the basket looks a little too sharp mate.
i agree but i didnt want to add blur to it as it would increase my render time maybe ill add it in post

Quote:

First up, look at some balloon references, your balloon is too squat. Look here for some reference images. The basket is also a bit too small.
the moment i posted it i realized the envelop looked weird i just needed some fresh eyes ill remodel the envelop but i dont think ill be changing the basket size

Quote:

Whats the animation going to be Murambi?
dont know yet but its supposed to be floating around in some famous areas
Quote:

Make occlusion map... or i just don't see it. : )
ill do that last

honestdom 25-10-2010 12:13 AM

the lighting looks blown out and the material on the balloon just looks like a simple blinn. you could try adding some noise like a bump map or something. Also the specular highlight doesnt seem to effect the logo.

are you thinking of doing some cloth to make it ripple a bit? do they ripple in the wind? i'm not sure.

also are you rendering in linear? the backplate looks a lot brighter in the second image. Whats with the crazy resolution size btw?

murambi 26-10-2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

the lighting looks blown out and the material on the balloon just looks like a simple blinn. you could try adding some noise like a bump map or something. Also the specular highlight doesnt seem to effect the logo. are you thinking of doing some cloth to make it ripple a bit? do they ripple in the wind? i'm not sure. also are you rendering in linear? the backplate looks a lot brighter in the second image. Whats with the crazy resolution size btw?
this was a basic texture test i tried using a bump map but apparently its not visible at that distance

From my reference videos balloons dont look like i need to be using cloth simulations

The high resolution is for a projector