Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Atributes Problem (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8491)

Tim_LIVID 18-10-2003 07:50 PM

Atributes Problem

1 Attachment(s)
I am trying to make an eye blink, so what I ahve done is create an incomplete sphere. The tutorial I am working on tells me to open the set driven key thing, select my eye lid then select startSweep and endSweep and it should look like this ......

_LIVID

Witchy 18-10-2003 08:01 PM

You need to set up the relationship between the controller and the eyelid so that the driven key feature recognises the link. You can do that through modify/ add attribute.

You then load your driver (the controller) into the set driven key box by selecting it and selecting load driver. You need a driver to key the driven things and as there is nothing in your driver box at present there is nothing to control the blink. Try selecting your controller and loading that as the driver once you have created the relationship. There is a rather good video on set driven keys on 3dbuzz if you wanted to have a look at that; I found it very useful.

Tim_LIVID 18-10-2003 08:12 PM

I have, but as you can see the tutorial has startSweep and an endSweep where as I don't.

Any help will be greatly recieved

_LIVID

Witchy 18-10-2003 08:15 PM

Looks like they have both the create nurbs attribute and the object itself linked to the driver in that box.

Tim_LIVID 18-10-2003 08:16 PM

How did they do that?!

_LIVID

mtmckinley 18-10-2003 09:12 PM

objects have 2 main nodes, the object node and the shape node. The shape node is the one with the start sweep, etc. One way to select that node is to open the Attribute Editor and click the shape node's tab at the top. Then hit the Select button at the bottom.

Tim_LIVID 18-10-2003 09:18 PM

I have clikced selcet but it doesn't seam to update the set driven key view. :-(

_LIVID

mtmckinley 18-10-2003 10:04 PM

after you select it, you have to load Driver or Driven in the Set Driven Key window, depending on which you want that node to be.

Tim_LIVID 19-10-2003 10:49 AM

I have selected everything to do with the eyeLid but I still cant see endSweep and startSweep. Where is it hiding?!

_LIVID

mtmckinley 19-10-2003 01:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
>

Tim_LIVID 19-10-2003 09:59 PM

I have just clicked that on, did it have to be on when I made my eyeLid. I also deleted the history a while back as a suggestion to another problem.

_LIVID

fredriksson 19-10-2003 10:04 PM

If you deleted history the createNurbsSphere node will be gone, along with the start and endsweep attributes. The history needs to be on when you create it and it needs to stay for as long as you plan to use the attributes.

Tim_LIVID 19-10-2003 10:05 PM

........ so I have to make the whole thing again!?

*crys*

_LIVID

P.S. Why does my Atribute Editor look diferent to Mike's?!

Tim_LIVID 19-10-2003 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine is like this

_LIVID

fredriksson 19-10-2003 10:29 PM

Umm, the UI in his screengrab is the channelbox, not the attribute editor. Check out the tutorials in the documentation to brush up a bit on the basics, it will save you a ton of headaches later.

Cheers. :)

edit: And yes, that means you have to create a new nurbssphere.