Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Total Recall (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37501)

Jay 27-03-2012 08:31 PM

Total Recall

Only 30 seconds, but looking good.....

Trailer out on Sunday!! http://www.beyondhollywood.com/watch...eboot-trailer/

Jay

honestdom 27-03-2012 10:03 PM

trailer for a trailer.

Jay 27-03-2012 10:44 PM

Yeah LOL something like that

THX1138 28-03-2012 12:47 AM

Been kinda following this project. I don't know about this. I my opinion Arnold Schwarzenegger owns this movie. Seeing Colin Farrell play Douglas Quaid just doesn't seem right. I guess we will haft to see.

Jay 28-03-2012 09:13 AM

friend of mine at D-Neg is building environments for it still, he said it looks like a good film. If he says its good usually he's pretty spot on.

but as you said lets wait and see

J

stwert 02-04-2012 12:12 AM

New trailer... looks pretty good
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/s...s/totalrecall/

Just a note that the above link is NOT a rick roll... given april fools and all.

THX1138 02-04-2012 02:34 AM

Saw the new trailer, and I still don't know about this. If it plays out like Arnolds version, then everying up until the time Quaid goes to Recall is the only thing real, then everything after that is just the events going on in the secret agent implant. Doug Quaid is ultimately Lobotomized in the end.

Question, does the reboot still take place on mars? Cant really tell from the trailer, but it kinda looks like they took the Mars setting out.

THX1138 03-04-2012 12:54 AM

Ok, found out a little bit more about this remake.

Mars has been taken totally out of this movie. This really sucks because the Phillip K. Dick novel " We can remember it for you wholesale" revolved around mars. So instead the studio executives decided to focus the conflict on a future earth between Euro-America and New Shanghi. And our hero in this one is a spy with fuzzy memories caught between the two countries unsure of who he is working for.

The budget for this remake is 200 million, slated for an august 3rd release date, and a lead actor who has never been in a big budget movie, or let alone been in a hit movie.

They should never release a big budget movie like this in august. The summer movie season starts winding down in that month with schools and colleges starting back up just few of weeks after this remake opens. It's going to be very difficult for this film to just break even. And I don't think the foreign sales are going to help that much either.

Jay 03-04-2012 09:15 AM

Yeah its Phillip K Dick Novel, just like Blade Runner was 'Do Androids Dream of electric Sheep?'

To be honest since when has any film genuinely been 100% to any book??

J

tweetytunes 03-04-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THX1138 (Post 335982)
and a lead actor who has never been in a big budget movie, or let alone been in a hit movie.

Err I think you need to look a little deeper into your research there .... Colin Farrell has been in quite afew big budget movies and some have been hits.

But yer .... hating the fact Mars was removed but don`t think its 100% bad thing as it looks alot less silly than the 90`s one (even though I love that film)

mark_slw 03-04-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 335985)
To be honest since when has any film genuinely been 100% to any book??

Indeed, Neuromancer anybody????

THX1138 04-04-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetytunes
Err I think you need to look a little deeper into your research there .... Colin Farrell has been in quite afew big budget movies and some have been hits.

My mistake, I forgot about Minority report. Forgot he was in it lol.

Minority Report, with a production budget of 102 million, and an advertising budget of 40 million. It grossed 132 million domestically. He did 3 others ( Dare Devil, SWAT, and Horrible Bosses) that grossed just north of 100 million here in the states, but those where mid-budget films, and the advertising campaign makes up a 3rd of the budget. They did "ok" but not enough to be considered hits in my opinion.

I would not have picked Colin Farell for a movie like this. He doesn't have very much star power. I would have gotten a bigger star for a remake like this, but that would have probably killed the budget.

bullet1968 04-04-2012 02:39 AM

bah.....it will be crap...no Jay you are right...I dread the day they (if ever) make Magician...oh dear that will be a spoof plus

tweetytunes 04-04-2012 04:26 AM

U also forgot alexander which made bucket loads on the 3 dvd releases on top of the 155 millon us boxoffice. But I think he is big enuff a star - had quite a few leadin roles new world, fright night, london boulavard, in bubge and a oscar node for tigerland. And less face it if the star was any bigger the film would be toned down to hell - like hancock (will smith big enuff star, big enuff budget - trolope of a film)

THX1138 04-04-2012 09:37 PM

Alexanders production budget was 155 million ( to my surprise ). It made only 34 million here in the U.S. It took international sales to help it break even. Alexander was a critical box office flop. I remember when that came out. I was still a projectionist at a cineplex. We had 2 screens and both where half full at most for the opening weekend.

The New World made 12 million here in the U.S. Fright Night ( remake ) made 18 million. London Boulevard made a shocking 10 grand ( must have been a very limited release ), and Tiger Land made a disappointing 139 grand. It might have had a limited release also.

Colin Farrell is not a major box office star.