Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   it was going to happen one day (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24814)

tweetytunes 26-01-2007 11:21 PM

it was going to happen one day

just wondering if there is anything that can be done about this apart from not downloading them.

(removed links)

its a sad day indeed.

sorry to see your hard work being spolied by some free loaders

tweetytunes 26-01-2007 11:27 PM

sorry i just thought about it and by posting the inks I`m helping them. So I removed the links.

Basically I found a site were you could download 2 of the dvds from here for free using edonkey. Looking deeper into it it seems the release group has pritty much all the titles. If any mods want the links plz PM me and I`ll send them to ya.

mirek03 27-01-2007 04:15 AM

welcome to the world of computers.., the dark side!

27-01-2007 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mirek03
welcome to the world of computers.., the dark side!
MY SIDE:attn: :ninja:

Some Guy 27-01-2007 01:48 PM

you should re-phrase that acid cause it sounds incriminating (Not that you would do anything like that) :)

27-01-2007 02:16 PM

ya i realised that just now so uhh...

MY SIDE!!! (the hacker part of the computer world not the ripping off hard working people part of the computer world):bandit:

tweetytunes 27-01-2007 03:20 PM

not naming any names but i have already had people (who are not mods) ask me for the links.

the simple answer mate = NO
I`m not giving you them or anyone else shame on you

gster123 27-01-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tweetytunes
not naming any names but i have already had people (who are not mods) ask me for the links.

the simple answer mate = NO
I`m not giving you them or anyone else shame on you

Shakes head in disbelief.

I cant beieve that someone would PM you to rip off a site there a member of!

27-01-2007 07:17 PM

i wouldnt ask for those links it makes me sick that people would ripoff such a good site it would be funny if on the site you found out which members did it and just so happened to find all there personal info heheh:bandit:

petrol 28-01-2007 06:46 PM

Acid... dude....

"ya i realised that just now so uhh...

MY SIDE!!! (the hacker part of the computer world not the ripping off hard working people part of the computer world)"

Hacking IS ripping off hard working people, whether its from here or not. Whatever product it is, someone, somewhere has put in the effort to make it what it is. I can't say i'm perfect in this regard, but I ain't proud of it either and nor should you be.

David 28-01-2007 07:09 PM

I've been a computer programmer for years to me hacker just means talented programmer always has. Hacker in the scene of breaking into other peoples computers or stealing software etcetera is a media bastardisation of the term.

As for our stuff on P 2 P networks yes some of it is out there, but there's not a lot we can do about it unfortunately. If the big film studios can't stop it, well we really have very little hope.

The difference with stealing from me however is I make enough money to pay the rent and put food on the table. I'm not making hundreds of millions dollars here. If someone buys a DVD or download from me and passes it round to a few friends well that's to be expected but slapping it on the Internet well... I could make far more money writing software for a big corporate than I can running the simply sites, I do this because i like doing it so when someone steals our stuff I find it very annoying. I like to think the people that do it are kids with no money, I think we're reasonably priced and anyone with a job and a few bux extra is just going to buy what we have to sell.

petrol 28-01-2007 07:38 PM

Exactly, for the sake of a few quid, its a shame people would rather get decent quality stuff for free. For me, music, games, programs get downloaded when I'm unsure if I actually want to buy it. If i like what I download and I use it regularly, I'll go out and buy it to support the people that produced it (If I can afford it). If everyone had the same attitude then I'm sure p2p networks would be less of a problem. Unfortunately there are always going to be people who just never want to buy anything if they can get away with it. Karma will get them all....

Someone stole my 21st birthday present from my car once, a sub and amp and everything else that was attached (stereo + other speakers), and my ex-gf's dad was a police officer and said he was almost sure he knew who did it. There was a kid who lived down the road who was notorious for stealing from nearby cars. Almost exactly a year later I was overjoyed to hear from my ex-'s dad that this lad was playing chicken on a railway, and his head and hands were lopped off.

Train = 1
Theiving little sh*t = 0

Some Guy 28-01-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by petrol

Someone stole my 21st birthday present from my car once, a sub and amp and everything else that was attached (stereo + other speakers), and my ex-gf's dad was a police officer and said he was almost sure he knew who did it. There was a kid who lived down the road who was notorious for stealing from nearby cars. Almost exactly a year later I was overjoyed to hear from my ex-'s dad that this lad was playing chicken on a railway, and his head and hands were lopped off.

Train = 1
Theiving little sh*t = 0

sound a little bit cold... did you get the thing back?

petrol 29-01-2007 12:07 AM

Hah, he probably sold it to buy some crack straight after he robbed me. In the UK it's more likely that naked hot women fall out of the sky than seeing your stolen goods again.

And cold? The amount of stuff he stole from my car equalled about half a years salary & hard work on my part. He's probably caused hundreds of people grief and dissapointment. He's lucky to have been killed so instantly, if I'd have caught him at the time (or any other of his victims) he'd have found himself in a whole other world of pain.

mirek03 29-01-2007 12:10 AM

an Ozzy?? shame on you.., no amp is worth a life,you sound like Yakuza, triad or mafia.

David is the only one that makes sense here and is not a complete hypocrite. How much is maya these days?? I have no idea! I dont work! but...

it suprises me why peple want to bable about this stuff, why start this thread in the first place?? Are we computer illiterate, I dont think so.

I have seen some pretty good smoke screens on this site at times, but the good outways all that.

most of us have known for years about the 'P2P' (ha ha ) and who it is.

suprise suprise?? what is this thread REALLY about

I know there are a few innocents, but most of us here are a lttle more in the know.

none the less we are all friends at arms, whatever that eans.