Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Realistic valve render (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3045)

brian_ellebracht 06-01-2003 10:09 PM

Realistic valve render

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, just fooling around at work, trying to make a realistic valve. Thanks,
Brian

kbrown 07-01-2003 12:16 AM

Cool! Maybe soften out the shadows a bit?

Hidalgo 07-01-2003 01:28 AM

Very cool!

What renderer did you use, or is this the standard built in renderer?

undseth 07-01-2003 01:36 AM

Smells like mental ray. But then again, maybe I'm wrong... again... :)

dannyngan 07-01-2003 03:27 AM

Ooooo... pretty...

Only comment is that the depth of field seems off to me. The blurred valve looks a little too blurry considering its apparent proximity to the other valve.

Otherwise, really nice!

Emo 07-01-2003 03:32 AM

another thing I might add is that the texture on the bar's is the same exact on the 2 valves..and where have you seen errosion the same size/shape/color on 2 different things? ;)

other than that, I could have to agree with dannyngan about the dapth of field...maybe you can blur out the farter one and focus on the closest one to the camera

-Emo

Alan 07-01-2003 11:56 AM

Is the texturing procedural or is it done in photoshop? It looks very nice either way.

:)

Alan

brian_ellebracht 07-01-2003 01:04 PM

Hello. From start to finnish (modeling the valves and the crossover pipes in the background to compositing) this took under an hour. so there are details that I have missed, primarly all of the ones you have notice. Things were slow at work but I still wanted to "look" busy. Umm... to answer alot of your questions, the valve in front is actually just a copied layer in photoshop of the first valve, moved down and added a gausion blur. Thats why it has an identical texture and is also way to blurry for DOF. Like allways, I used GI_Joe for rendering and added a slight glow to the materials.THanks for all of your comments, I got alot more than I expected. THanks,
Brian
Oh, textures where edited from Photographs in Photoshop.

kbrown 07-01-2003 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
...the valve in front is actually just a copied layer in photoshop of the first valve, moved down and added a gausion blur...
I kind of sensed some weird perspective mismatch but didn't want to say anything 'cause I wasn't sure :) The pshp trick you used explains it :)

Thank god I don't have to get new glasses just yet :)

brian_ellebracht 07-01-2003 02:26 PM

I
was wondering if anybody would notice. lol

silviapalara 24-01-2003 10:38 PM

renderer

Could you tell me what kind of rendering you did? Is it Mental Ray or just the output of Maya?

brian_ellebracht 24-01-2003 10:45 PM

i used gi_joe
Thanks,
Brian