Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Animated T-REX (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16745)

Velusion 21-05-2005 03:16 AM

Animated T-REX

I began learning Maya and 3D techniques by creating and animating a T-Rex. I set out to make the creature walk down the street infront of my house. Well, 9 months later I finished it. Some people like it and some people don't. I think it was a good effort but it certainly isn't anything that will impress the pros amungst us.

Here it is:
T-Rex in my neighborhood

The file is about 8meg. Its a quicktime file with sound.

For anyone interested, I would like to make some of my project files available to you for download. This is an offer that I am only making to the members of this board.

Here is a link to the private download page;
T-rex download files

Thanks for everyone's support:beer:

BMS 21-05-2005 08:17 AM

Thanks James !! :beer:

alienscience 21-05-2005 01:26 PM

Hey, really nice work. I liked it alot, but for as the end, why does it seem that the t-rex flies away? Is that just him on cocaine and speed at the same time?

Velusion 21-05-2005 11:53 PM

Yes... Yes that's exactly right...

Daandrumz 22-05-2005 07:34 AM

Very nice work there. I like the way the t-rex looks in the environment, looks very good :) .
The way he walks is a bit bumpy, but I think it's hard to achieve a good dinosaur animation walk, very complex.
But very nice job :) .

R-Tillery 25-05-2005 06:50 AM

It’s a bird,, it’s a plane,, Oh nooo.. it took a crap Hhhaaaa,,,, :eek:

Velusion 25-05-2005 11:43 AM

Umm, OK..

Did anyone notice how the T-rex's tail is behind the tree at the beginning of the clip? that tree is actaully in my neighbor's front yard. I made a matte for the tree in Photoshop then tracked it in After Effects so that it moved when the scene moved. It wasn't that hard to do but I thought I'd bring it up since it is usually overlooked.

R-Tillery 25-05-2005 07:58 PM

hey,, It kicked but,, I thought it was cool, it just looked funny when super dino took to flight..:beer:

BMS 25-05-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Velusion
Umm, OK..

Did anyone notice how the T-rex's tail is behind the tree at the beginning of the clip?

Yes I noticed it. Like I said before it was very well done. Can't wait till I'm at that stage. I still need to do some tutorials on rigging . . . and after I learn all this I need to learn AE :headbang:

Cheers
Paul

Alan 26-05-2005 08:08 AM

Quote:

Did anyone notice how the T-rex's tail is behind the tree at the beginning of the clip? that tree is actaully in my neighbor's front yard. I made a matte for the tree in Photoshop then tracked it in After Effects so that it moved when the scene moved. It wasn't that hard to do but I thought I'd bring it up since it is usually overlooked.

surely it's better if people didn't notice? the best effects are the ones you don't know are there.

:ninja:
Alan

Velusion 26-05-2005 12:50 PM

:bow:

Digger2640 04-06-2005 01:40 AM

The video file doesn't work anymore. :(

Velusion 04-06-2005 04:14 PM

Digger,
Could you be more specific. I just tried the download and it seems to be working fine. Is the file currupt?

Digger2640 04-06-2005 09:37 PM

Dunno what happened but it's working again. Something must've happend with the initial download but anyway, got to see it. Very nice work. I'm still working on my first model and your video has given me that extra bit of motivation I need.