Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Challenge thoughts (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23628)

mtmckinley 26-10-2006 09:21 PM

Challenge thoughts

Well, since David is still AWOL as far as I can tell, and I know we all want to have challenges (we do, right? ;)) I'd like to do something at the beginning of November.

However, it seems *I'll* be the one providing prizes and unfortunately, I'm not exactly in a position to put out lots of dough. :)

So, I still have a handful of my first book The Game Artist's Guide to Maya, and a box or so of my second book, The Game Animator's Guide to Maya.

If there are no objections, I'm thinking a game art challenge with signed copies of my books up for grabs? Eh? Whatcha think?

Maybe in another few months, I could spring for a signed copy of the game my studio just finished? Signed by everyone I can get to sign it here at the office. That'd be pretty nifty, don'tcha think?

Let me know if this seems like a good plan to anyone else.

tweetytunes 27-10-2006 12:34 AM

cool I`m in for that.

With all the high poly work I do at work a low one will be great.

prizes sound great

AlphaFlyte 27-10-2006 06:59 AM

Happy to join in. They were always fun and educating even without fancy money prices.

Autumn/winter is here and it's a good time for creativity. Just having fun with it, and hopefully learn an armada of new tricks in the process. All for the challenges.

arneoog 27-10-2006 08:20 AM

This sounds great :D
And I think I'll be able to join in too! :p

Game Art is awsome, and the prize seems superb!
I'm In!!! :beer:

dockode 27-10-2006 09:04 AM

sounds good

THX1138 27-10-2006 10:39 AM

Sounds awsome.:beer:

j5ive 27-10-2006 12:03 PM

yeah sounds cool.

vin209 27-10-2006 01:44 PM

i'm in and so's my wife!

mastone 28-10-2006 02:30 AM

Can you tell what the challenge is?

arran 28-10-2006 04:25 AM

cool. Another game art challenge would be great!

papalatistudios 28-10-2006 06:12 AM

Sounds cool, but having both of your books already doesn't give me a lot of motivation to participate especially after what happened this last time. I realize its not your fault Mike, but Dave should have at least gotten on here and apologized to all that entered the contest. We are going on 2 months here and still no word whatsoever from Dave.:(

THX1138 28-10-2006 07:44 AM

yeah, Dave should have allready said something about the challenge delay. I have a feeling that the Aug/Sept challenge might not be anything more than a wasted effort. I guess we will have to let time be the judge of this.

Somebody could atleast give out some site awards for best effort.

arran 28-10-2006 08:20 AM

i don't know - I agree that it would be good to hear from Dave, but saying that it was a wasted effort seems a bit harsh. I thought your final entry was pretty cool THX1138 - surely you don't think it was a complete waste of time?

petrol 28-10-2006 09:35 AM

I've only completed one SM challenge, and started a couple of others following that, but with the real world being hectic etc I had to drop out of those. I've enroled @ Escape studios for Jan, and im on the new maya comprehensive for games... So count me for this one, I need some practice!

This challenge forum is looking quite bare compared to normal, hope you guys the issues sorted out :o

THX1138 28-10-2006 09:40 AM

arran: Well, I'm not saying it was a wasted effort, and I'm not saying It's not. I did use the word "might" in that earlier post. Time is the real judge on this.