Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Sound conflict in Maya 8.5 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27490)

Lebel 13-09-2007 02:46 PM

Sound conflict in Maya 8.5

Hi,

( sorry for my grammar, my english is not perfect )

hope someone could help me. I know other people that have the same problem, and they don't have the same specs.

I've got a very simple animation scene. I imported a .wav sound ( PCM) in my timeline. When I've played it the first time, all went well, the animation was smooth and the sound worked.

But for the second play, or at the third ( it seems random)..., or if I point a specific frame in the timeline, it seems that i have a sound conflict with a graphic component or something when i tried to play the sequence. The sound worked great again, but the animation jerked.

If i turn the sound off, all goes well as expected.

Is this can be only a driver problem? Or the Maya version?
Help me please, it's very annoying and it's very hard to work like this, i've got a lot of lipsynch to do.

L.

Specs: OS Windows XP
Soundblaster Soundcard
NVidia Quadro FX 1500 video card

Or does anyone know if the
Autodesk Maya 8.5 Service Pack 1
Published date: 2007-06-11
ID: DL9627807

could solve the problem?

The Architect 14-09-2007 05:59 AM

If you skip to a specific time in a large audio file, the computer has to look for that point by reading from the start of the file till it gets to it. Since you mention its a wave file and those can be many megabytes in size, it slows the computer for a while resulting in jerky graphics.

You could try compressing that wave file with a better codec or by using a lower qaulity version of it so its smaller in size, since you will add the sound in post production anyways.

Hope this helps.

Lebel 15-09-2007 12:59 PM

Not that!

Thanks you so much Architect, but I don't think it's the problem.

My sound isnt' a high quality one...
( less than one MEG!!)

The Architect 16-09-2007 03:45 AM

Other than a large file, I don't know what else could cause this. I've read a long time ago that there was a 'bug' like this in Maya 6.5 and Win XP, but since I use 6.5 and XP and so far have had no problems with the sound or anything, except for when I had a very large file.

Lebel 16-09-2007 09:25 AM

I've found it!

Oh man... it was a BIOS option...

The hyperthreading option has to be off.

The Architect 16-09-2007 09:30 AM

Hyperthreading???

Thats a bit strange for it to be causing this, since it was supposed to increase performance... :)

Lebel 16-09-2007 09:36 AM

Yep yep

I know...

that's strange.
I have to sacrifice a better performance to resolve my problem.

I'll contact Autodesk soon and maybe they'll fix it with a new patch.