Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Corellian YT-1300 Modified Light Tramp Freighter (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1858)

undseth 01-11-2002 01:45 AM

Corellian YT-1300 Modified Light Tramp Freighter

1 Attachment(s)
Well, at last I finished the necessary part of this transport.

Texturing will have to wait some time, but I'll look into animation now and figure out how to make avi's or divx-avi's for show.

I want sound effects and try to use some compositing if it isn't too hard to learn for me.

I'll post more pictures as I get to render them.

Final File size = 26.5 MB
Full rendertime = about 40-45 min with raytrace shadows.

Picture elements right below, was taken from NASA's website.

adldesigner 01-11-2002 12:19 PM

Hehehe, It´s actually great to see this particular model over here in the Finished Forum. The attention to detail was impecable (I don´t know how undseth didn´t go nuts with this one) Anyway, I wish you well undseth with the animation and give me a shout in case you have problems with compositing.

btw: why not try to create a shader for the model instead of trying to texture it, I mean, it has so much detail I guess it could go without texturing. (although a thorough paint job might be needed in the future.) Cheers!

Regards ...

undseth 01-11-2002 03:31 PM

Some more pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Haha, It began to be frustrating, to come up with details when there were no schematics. So I have drawn the line now.

Hey great idea adldesigner! I'll make some good seamless textures and apply them later. (As rendering is more fun, than modeling, I'll post several pic here with time.)

I have used photoshop a little here :).

Oh, this was pretty much an easy modeling project, with nurbs and polygons, but I hope you all enjoy the pictures.

undseth 01-11-2002 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Simple pic.

adldesigner 01-11-2002 05:02 PM

Re: Some more pictures

Quote:

Originally posted by undseth
Haha, It began to be frustrating, to come up with details when there were no schematics. So I have drawn the line now.

Hey great idea adldesigner! I'll make some good seamless textures and apply them later. (As rendering is more fun, than modeling, I'll post several pic here with time.)

I have used photoshop a little here :).

Oh, this was pretty much an easy modeling project, with nurbs and polygons, but I hope you all enjoy the pictures.

The pic in this post is simply awesome.
Great undseth! Might as well, start to play with the lights, perhaps you can emulate the hard light present in outer space. (Although it looks good as is)

<adldesigner sees pic again> Wow, simply awesome.

mrmacca 01-11-2002 05:06 PM

What great work. The detail on the model is fantastic, great job undseth. I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished animation.

adldesigner 01-11-2002 05:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
By the way, even though your pic is much more accurate than most Star Wars© space pics ... you could try inserting a dense spacefield behind. It helps convey that Star Wars © look.

Curious Fact:
The new Falcon design was instead based off of Lucas' favorite food. Lucas would later say that the Falcon was inspired by a hamburger, with the outrigger cockpit being an olive off to the side. Taken from StarWars.com

undseth 01-11-2002 06:05 PM

Re: Starfields

Thank you adldesigner and mrmacca!

I need some nice starscape/field, I'll borrow some on the internet if I can find some, or it will need to be painted in photoshop.

hehe I'd like to add something:
The name Wookie, was said to come to life when George Lucas' heard some child (I think) was eating a cookie; saying "cookie..wookie..".

undseth 03-11-2002 04:11 PM

A planet and a fading starfield.

1 Attachment(s)
Picture elements from Nasa gallery and messed with in photoshop.

BMP picture used as image plane in maya for rendering.

I want to do some more renderings before sending them off to Kevin for review regarding the gallery images.

undseth 03-11-2002 04:41 PM

A closer look

1 Attachment(s)
With no toutch-up.