Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Steve the Snowman (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19183)

bahearn81 21-11-2005 09:04 AM

Steve the Snowman

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished him up. Comments, critiques? Thanks!

BMS 21-11-2005 11:18 AM

I really like it. Nice render too.

My only comment would be the join between the Base and the middle ball . . it looks too smooth and perfect. Having said that, I've never made a snow man so I could be talking complete crap :)

Cheers
Paul

I-Iybrid 21-11-2005 02:39 PM

Overall, looks pretty good. The snow textures look cool. Only thing that caught my attention, is his broom. It looks too fake. Especially compared to his arms. Both which are wood, the broom stick is too plain for wood. Other than that, I like. :)

DJbLAZER 21-11-2005 07:49 PM

nice one, i like it. Maybe put in some yellow snow to dirty it up ;)

Jay 21-11-2005 07:54 PM

LOL Yellow snow!! Quality!!

Hey cool stuff (pun not intended) More snow at the base of the snowman, and perhaps a particle render of some snow falling, or even quicker just comp some in PS!!

Nice image like it alot

Jay

Kyraal 21-11-2005 11:48 PM

I used to build a lot of snowmen as a kid, and while they weren't as fancy as this guy, it does strike me as a very lifelike snowman :)

I'm not in any position to comment in any modeling technique--and it looks good to me, as far as I can tell--but the composition might benefit from some random snow located at the 'feet' of snowman, like.. leftovers, and signs of the kids (or big kids) who built it.

Though as a snowman on its own terms, it's a pretty damn good job :)

bahearn81 22-11-2005 01:38 AM

updates

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the helpful comments!

BMS-yah, i started off being lazy lol, but i now see the bottom and middle balls needed to be broken apart, thanks.

I-Iybrid - yes thats true, i added a solid fractal to dirty it up, and ramp on the broom bristles.

DJbLAZER-lol, yah i might do that as a joke sometime, maybe write merry xmas from brian as a christmas cd-card to my friends.

Jay, Kyraal - yah the enviornment still needs some work, i think ill add some paint fx snow into the scene. and the evidence of kids being around is a good idea, i might make a displacement of a kids boot in the the snow.

also, im going to add a pipe, i think thats a major thing he was missing, and ill put some pfx smoke coming outta it.

thanks !

blomkaal 22-11-2005 03:18 PM

Re: updates

Quote:

Originally posted by bahearn81
DJbLAZER-lol, yah i might do that as a joke sometime, maybe write merry xmas from brian as a christmas cd-card to my friends.
That would be too cool :)

I like the idea with the pipe and the falling snow too

§te 24-11-2005 05:37 PM

good work there.... i like the texture you have for the snow.

i would also add snow to his hat, scarf, arms and brush as they are too 'clean' at the minute