Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   No Inputs for my Plane (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31756)

troberts90 20-01-2009 01:17 AM

No Inputs for my Plane

1 Attachment(s)
I want to increase the amount of subdivisions / rows for my plane but in the channel menu (with plane selected ) there is no INPUTS only SHAPES.

INPUTS is normally located in the Channel Menu (as for previous scenes it was) i cannot figure out how to get it back. when i open an old scene, inputs is there when object is selected. As for my new scene, INPUTS is non-existent. Restore Defaults under channel tab does not work.

Gen 20-01-2009 02:20 AM

Maybe construction history isn't turned on.

troberts90 20-01-2009 05:55 AM

its on, i just haven't done anything to the newly created object.

but i want to subdivide my object, and the only way i can is by going to
Edit Mesh--->Add Divisions. shouldnt i be able to input subdivisions in the channel box under inputs?

Chirone 20-01-2009 06:43 AM

maybe your graphics card hates you?

you're absolutely certain that construction history is turned on?
have you tried starting again?
and yes, you should be able to change the subdivisions afterwards from the channel box

troberts90 20-01-2009 08:18 AM

i cannot set Subdivisions under the channel box. which is what im mainly trying to do.

history is on, it saves the history of all geometry changing tools.

but shouldnt the subdivision attribute be there by default?

honestdom 20-01-2009 10:17 AM

you are using a mac? i sometimes get the same thing happen. all i do is deselect the object then select it again and click once on the pPlaneshape1 bit. it might pop up that way... or just let you rename it!

Chirone 20-01-2009 08:12 PM

that happens on my laptop too sometimes

again...have you tried making another plane and seeing if it happens to that too?

Gen 20-01-2009 08:15 PM

The Channel Box on the Mac makes me a little uncomfortable as I haven't gotten used to it, the first time I saw it, I thought I was having graphical issues lol I refreshed it like 4 times before I realized that's how its supposed to look.

If its something that's happening in all your new scenes, try switching out your prefs. If not, then import what you have into a new scene, if history is on then it SHOULD be there

troberts90 20-01-2009 09:36 PM

i got it, thank you guys.

i turned construction history on, but inputs does not appear for a previously existing plane.

so importing into a new scene worked :) ( or creating another plane). but construction has to be on prior to import

it was saving outputs without construction history on thats, part of what tricked me

again thank you, sorry didn't get it by your first posts. i have so much :)