Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Need 3d head opinion in a hurry. (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11699)

tvholicjames 03-05-2004 10:41 PM

Need 3d head opinion in a hurry.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I am back for now. I am gonna go back to finish this before this guy leaves this Friday, since I am presently working over 40 hours a week...

What do you think of the geometry? I am trying to make it as less polygons as possible.
Does geometry follow the facial muscles?
What improvements do I need to make this 3d head look like him?

Please let me know very very soon.
Thanks.

tvholicjames 03-05-2004 11:21 PM

Need 3d head opinion in a hurry.

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I am back again. I am trying to go back to finish this head before this guy leaves in a hurry, since I work over 40 hours a week now.

What do you think of the geometry? Facial muscle wise as well.
Does it look like him?
What improvements do I need to make it look like him?

Let me know very very soon.
Thanks.

tvholicjames 03-05-2004 11:24 PM

O, he is leaving this Friday...

Kurt 03-05-2004 11:30 PM

Not to bad.... watch the areas just past the lips he does not have such pronounced lines there, as well as the head where the hair is its a bit wide just bring it in.... think of what his head would look like bald...

ransick 03-05-2004 11:46 PM

lookin'good sofar...
I think the lips and the area around the mouth needs to be done a little more...

if this is the mouth --> =
than you see the two rinkels sided the mouth --> (=)
loose those...try to make it more even..
and the thing what might work that it will look more like him is the eyebrows.... try to make them and fit it to the reference image...
With the minor tweeks around the mouth and eyes...I guess it will start to end up nicely!!
goodluck! let us see your progress

ransick 04-05-2004 12:05 AM

http://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=11697 :D

tvholicjames 22-05-2004 08:01 PM

Ok, the head and the ear

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, sorry for taking so long. But here are some more refinements and the ear too.
Where is the adam's apple of a guy?
Need major work on the neck.
Does the head and face look too oval?

What do you think of the rough ear?

tvholicjames 22-05-2004 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, here is the ear. What do you think? Any opinion is helpful.
Thanks.

ransick 22-05-2004 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
nice progess!! lookin'good

I don't think you need the worry about the porporsions of the head just yet...
Once you have the ears attached to the head you can look how it will fit best to the refimage...

about the ears though...
I've attached a image with 2 points where you maybe can tweek a bit...

it doesn't look organic... it isn't that realistic in compare with the rest of the ear...

it's hard to see...but the only thing I can say is watch in the mirror and take alook how it looks... i could be wrong becuase of the viewplane that's playing tricks with me....:P

keep it up...

tvholicjames 01-06-2004 07:27 PM

There is something wrong with your home page dude.

tvholicjames 05-06-2004 06:41 PM

Ear opinion #2

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, what do you all think so far? Is it organic enough? What should I fix? Add, or delete? Tell me what do you all think?
Thanks a bunch.

ransick 05-06-2004 08:50 PM

oh hehe ...well I have severall homepages...and somethings I swich between them...it depends who needs something from it but most of the time its empty :P (need to work on that)

well...first I would say that it's not that smooth yet...I don't know how you smoothed this ear ? normally you would use subD level 1,2 or 3... It looks like you used a subD of lever 1... (if you subD form polygons you just hit the '3' key and you will see it more smoothed out..)
You can also you the smoothtool...(polygons/smooth..)

second I think you should try to loose the poly that you have circuled in you image.. maybe not delete it but extract it more so it doesn't stope so suddenly..

The inside of the ear looks good so It's just a matter of closing the sides of the ear nicely...and if you post a update post a smooth and wire of it :) that's better to look how it is..
keep it up man! you do a good job!

greetZzz RanSicK

btw.. congrats with your 100th post :P

tvholicjames 10-06-2004 09:00 PM

Hey Ransick,

I am looking into going back to college in 2005. Do you know any colleges that offer great 3d modeling and effects programs?

Does anyone?
Thanks.

ransick 11-06-2004 06:49 AM

nice to hear! unfortunally I don't know any school but hey...sky is the limit if it comes to schools for 3d design....on the e-net you will find lots of them....just need to pick the one that suits you...
In maya 3d sites they advertise about school maybe if you have some links otherwise just pm for some links than I will giv'it to ya