Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Green and Blue Trumpets (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2492)

brian_ellebracht 03-12-2002 09:24 PM

Green and Blue Trumpets

1 Attachment(s)
Hello. This took me about 9 hours from start to finnish. It was mostly modeled in PDS (Microstation) and I added details and rendered in Maya. I model and animate piping for a living, things are a little slow right now, so I thought i would find another use for our piping Software, I have the internals modeled as well. I have played the trumpet for about 13 yrs now. THanks,
Brian
How does the shaders look? I know there isn't a blue or green trumpet, but I still wanted to look like realistic metal. Thanks,
Brian

brian_ellebracht 03-12-2002 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the blue one now... thanks,
Brian

iron_tick 03-12-2002 09:29 PM

Nice job, they look great.

SumbuddySumwhere 03-12-2002 09:42 PM

very spiffy. are you using it in an animation or do you not have any plans for it? It's very realistic.
Lauren

BabyDuck 03-12-2002 09:44 PM

i like the blue better. but only because i dont like green.

great model :banana:

brian_ellebracht 03-12-2002 09:45 PM

Since I play the trumpet, I was going to fake playing a trumpet with the finger movements, video it, track it, and composite in the fake trumpet, and I can record myself playing it (audio) so I will have sound to go with it... Just an idea. Kind of pointless, but I thought that it would be a good 10 sec. to put on a demo reel. THanks,
Brian

BabyDuck 03-12-2002 09:58 PM

how about you start playing really weird and out of sync in the start, and than you cough and it is animated perfect to show you can do it :)

tariqrf 03-12-2002 09:59 PM

super cool!!! which renderer??

brian_ellebracht 03-12-2002 10:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thats what I was going to try to do at least along the lines, then I was going to have it come to an abrupt stop, and Then I would look confused because my trumpet just "disapered" here it is Blue, with a red specualar, think it looks interesting..
Thanks,
Brian

brian_ellebracht 03-12-2002 10:02 PM

all rendered in Maya, with a simple (kind of) anisotropic shader, very similar to pixo's silver shader on Highend3d.
Thanks,
Brian

BabyDuck 03-12-2002 10:04 PM

that is cool. one suggestion - make it gold. that will look great - like a real trumpet. (some are gold are they not)

brian_ellebracht 03-12-2002 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
YOu are correct, most begaining trumpets are Brass. The majority of more advanced trumpets are Silver. You can get gold plated silver trumpets, they have a faint yellow/brass tint to them, but it changes the sound. Anyways, its pretty easy to change to color, here it is brass, but I kind of wanted it different, that is why I was going for a tint of color. Let me know what you think thanks,
Brian

SumbuddySumwhere 03-12-2002 10:29 PM

sure it looks more realistic in gold. but the blue is still my favorite.

BabyDuck 03-12-2002 10:44 PM

wow awesome. the gold one looks cool. but now it is too gold. the blue and red highlight version was really really really cool. maybe a two color again - one for the shadows and one for the highlight.

my favourite metal is platinum - so if i may make a wish it would be platinum. but that is rather hard to do in computer i guess as it is a bit shiny and dark grey but not really shiny and the surface needs a bump for platinum.

brian_ellebracht 03-12-2002 10:52 PM

thanks for the post I will mess with it some more tomorrow morning, now I have to go work on school stuff (that ET project that I was working on). Its due in two weeks! Yikes, THanks for your comments and sugestions, I appreciate it, comments and critiques are alot more helpful then "that looks nice" and thats it. Have a good night,
Brian