Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Board Questions & Suggestions (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A "Software Tools Suggestion Area" (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7142)

nirsul 27-07-2003 10:45 PM

A "Software Tools Suggestion Area"

I sometimes have a software I would like to recommend which has (or may not) have a relation to the 3D work and I always fear I will get kicked in the arse for doing it in the "wrong room"

Why not create a special room for that purpose ?

and talking about a recommended software :

Texture Maker

it creates AWESOME seamless textures and requires some learning and practicing but worths the 69 U$ it costs

BTW my Favourite software page is here:
Nir's Favourite Software Page

Nir
:D

drknow 06-08-2003 01:26 AM

Thats a pretty good Idea, but I dont think it will be implemented. if the site veers out of the category of maya too much, there will be many threads that dont necessarily need to be there, causing clutter. I would just post that stuff in the members lounge.

Kevin 06-08-2003 07:05 AM

if its maya related then put it in maya chat,

I wont open another forum for other softwares. :)

nirsul 06-08-2003 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kevin
if its maya related then put it in maya chat
Well , it is of great value for Maya users , but not only them

I must say that I have no relation of any kind with any software developper I recommend (well except for my software which is for AutoCAD;) )- I just like people to know the gems that are sometimes hidden or not publicised enough.

Nir

BTW Kevin - Why can't I change my profile ?
The control panel page is off and I do not find any other location to do so.

:o

Kevin 06-08-2003 07:43 AM

cant you click on the user cp button at the top left of the page nir?

nirsul 06-08-2003 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kevin
cant you click on the user cp button at the top left of the page nir?
Kev

I dont see any cp button at the top left and if I press on the user options below my profile it tells me this:

"...You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation....."

:confused:

adldesigner 06-08-2003 09:35 AM

Nirsul .. go to the Main Index of the forum.

The button Kevin refers to is in the top left of the forum, along with the search one and all.

nirsul 06-08-2003 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by adldesigner
Nirsul .. go to the Main Index of the forum.

The button Kevin refers to is in the top left of the forum, along with the search one and all.

si lo veo

gracias

nir:cool:

Kevin 06-08-2003 12:11 PM

sorry nir! I should have said main page ..doh!

thx for helping out adl