Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   3D tv (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32939)

elephantinc 22-08-2009 01:28 PM

3D tv

I recently found out that on tuesday virgin1 will be broadcasting a special stereoscopic episode of chuck and they're not alone. Channel 4 is also planning a series of 3d tv shows.
I am excited and annoyed at the same time. I hate red blue stereoscopic, the colour always looks off and its quite disorientating. I dont think regular tv shows should be broadcast this way, but I am excited about things that are supposed to be made this way.
what do you think?

ColdWave 22-08-2009 01:34 PM

Do you love elephants ? :confused:

elephantinc 22-08-2009 02:35 PM

Yes but why ask that now? did an elephant slip in to my post somewhere without me noticing? :blush:

iamcreasy 22-08-2009 03:16 PM

Agreed...there is no point of broadcasting stereoscopic format in TV?

ColdWave 22-08-2009 04:57 PM

No it's because i was so curious about that. You always model and animate something related with elephants that's why :D :D :D :D :beer:

elephantinc 22-08-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ColdWave
You always model and animate something related with elephants that's why :D :D :D :D :beer:
I thought the username and av would be a bit of a clue too :p

The plus side of channel 4's '3D week' is that we will get loads of 3D programs that we wouldnt normally get

Rhetoric Camel 22-08-2009 09:22 PM

I can't stand the stereoscopic videos, unless it's only about 5 minutes long, then I'm good. Stereoscopic should be left for still images only, and the new technology (whatever it is) that they're using for all these movies in 3d at the theaters would be a better idea even for on tv. Although I haven't been to see one of these new 3d movies with the clear lenses (atleast I heard they're clear lenses) I'm guessing this would be less strain on the eyes. The different color lenses on each eye gives me and a lot of other people major headaches and completely f's up my vision for a while screwing around with colors and brightness when the glasses are off and I'm looking at something as simple as a blank white wall, colors are different in each eye.

elephantinc 22-08-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
I can't stand the stereoscopic videos, unless it's only about 5 minutes long, then I'm good. Stereoscopic should be left for still images only, and the new technology (whatever it is) that they're using for all these movies in 3d at the theaters would be a better idea even for on tv. Although I haven't been to see one of these new 3d movies with the clear lenses (atleast I heard they're clear lenses) I'm guessing this would be less strain on the eyes. The different color lenses on each eye gives me and a lot of other people major headaches and completely f's up my vision for a while screwing around with colors and brightness when the glasses are off and I'm looking at something as simple as a blank white wall, colors are different in each eye.
sorry, but its not really possible to use the clear type on TV, Everyone would have to buy a special tv and (of course) glasses.
Its not really new, its been around for as long as I remember (although thats not that long ago), in theme park rides and things

ColdWave 22-08-2009 10:21 PM

Why you love so much elephants ? :confused:

Are you a vet or something ?

Chirone 23-08-2009 03:12 AM

i don't think i've seen stereoscopic videos on tv

is it as bad as the whole shaky-cam thing that's been popping up in all the films? can't stand that crap, if they want us to feel like we're in the action then they would make the theatre show the movie on all four walls, roof and floor, and make our chairs move instead of trying to make us unable to look at the picture
sure our vision bounces around when we're moving around but we can still see what's happening... seriously... what's up with shaky-cam being all the rage? who could even like it? you gotta be a fly to see whats happening

coldwave, you can be so random sometimes :lmao:

Rhetoric Camel 23-08-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by elephantinc
sorry, but its not really possible to use the clear type on TV, Everyone would have to buy a special tv and (of course) glasses.
Its not really new, its been around for as long as I remember (although thats not that long ago), in theme park rides and things

See I don't really know much about the 3d glasses and stuff, it's new to me, when I was a kid it was all blue and red glasses on crappy cardboard frames that cut my ears so I'm not really all that excited about the comeback of 3d stuff... although this is kind of interesting to me... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLImrYqLsIA

elephantinc 25-08-2009 11:34 AM

If anyone is interested the first 3d program in england is on vigin1 tonight (freeview channel 20) at 9pm
Sorry for my late reply but my internet hasnt been working

elephantinc 25-08-2009 09:04 PM

I saw it and it featured very little 3D and what there was was quite poor really. It was just like watching a normal episode but with naff colour