Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Inspired (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16185)

petrol 04-04-2005 07:49 PM

Inspired

A huge thank you to the admins and managers of this site, you are saints for lowly beings such as myself.

I've been 'umming and ahhing' for a long while about whether I should throw myself at the deep-end, and thanks to the excellent community and outright professional talent from some of you, I have been encouraged & inspired to really go for it. I have been in marketing and web design for the past few years, and this will be quite a jump for me. But if I can get even half as good as some of you in a year or 2 I'll be laughing. Trying the free tutorials has been a great toe-dipping session for me and for that I'm very thankful to Kurt, his words and demonstration are superb - but thanks to everyone else for their contributions - i look forward to 'shopping' and trying others' tutorials.

Also i noticed a publication by Mike - i presume you are one of the cheeses here, I must say well done also to you - a massive feat of effort and thoroughly defines passion for your work.

I look forward to speaking with you guys. Look after this forum, there aren't many like this around. :)

Kurt 04-04-2005 09:11 PM

Welcome to Sm and thanks for the kind words. I hope you learn a lot from us and looking forward to seeing your progression.

Kurt

Pony 05-04-2005 01:29 AM

Welcome to SM..

SuperTrooper 05-04-2005 02:18 AM

Welcome to SM!:)

petrol 05-04-2005 08:27 AM

Many thanks for the warm welcome, I will no doubt show you my progress when I have made something of my own imagination. :)

I'm around 3/4 done on the Cartoon dog right now, and have also just dabbled for a week or two seeing what sense i could make of the program on my own with only help files and some basic Maya literature. So far it's all going great :)

For many like myself, learning without a website like this would make things infinately harder

Kevin 05-04-2005 08:50 AM

welcome to sm :)

paldav 11-04-2005 07:16 PM

people seeing the light

1 Attachment(s)
i found sm about a year ago,and sure ive spent my money on tutorials, but hey was it worth it! when i got maya i spent 200 on books but when i hit a problem it would take me hours to work it out...if only i had someone stood at my shoulder to say just do it this way, one tutorial well made is worth ten books, thanks to the fantastic apache helicopter tutorial i did about three months ago , i made my own. i work full time in the real world , and dont get a lot of time to get into the forums here as much as i would like but like you i realy appreciate the posting and sence of community, when i am good enough or confident enough i will give back what i can...promise.:p

Saiyan 12-04-2005 12:29 AM

Thank you for the kind words.......Welcome to here!!!!;)