Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   May/June N00B - R@nSiD (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16691)

publicFunction 14-05-2005 10:03 PM

May/June N00B - R@nSiD

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

After a few weeks doing 3D totals 1 hr Speed Challenges I thought I'd come and play with the big boys and give myself time to put the effort into a small project...

My Creature will be purely fantasy (gives me a bit more of a free reign to make stuff up :p ). The plan is to model each part (Body, Head, Arms, Legs & Tail in NURBS and convert to Polys. Once in Polys I can tidy up and create a copy in SubD. Ill Keep the SubD for the render. If I get time the Poly model will be smoothed and animated. Shame I need to do a backdrop too :eek: .

Any way I start it tonight by creating the body. But here is a quick (but badly drawn) 2D side concept sketch...

Had to use lined paper :o, no plain in the house atm...

publicFunction 14-05-2005 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hand Image

publicFunction 14-05-2005 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lastly the foot

publicFunction 14-05-2005 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, its 0022hrs in the UK and here is the NURBSBody and the start. No going back now :D

publicFunction 14-05-2005 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the head. NURBS Modelling is so cool... :)

alienscience 14-05-2005 11:18 PM

Hey, i cant really comment, but the mods ands admins asked that you crop the images that are photo captured. But great start,...............and I kinda like rancid, they are in close ties to travis barker (which is the drummer for blink)

publicFunction 15-05-2005 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by alienscience
...but the mods ands admins asked that you crop the images that are photo captured...

They can post here and tell me in person then :D

Thx. I dont feel NURBS really give you a gr8 idea of how this guy would look. Its only been 1 hr of modelling.

publicFunction 15-05-2005 12:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Its 02:17hrs and I'm givin' up for the night...

Heres where I am now

alienscience 15-05-2005 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by R@nSiD
They can post here and tell me in person then :D

HAHA, good attitude. LOL, just playing, but I do have a question. Its about your hands, are you experienced with this type of modeling? When I tried something similar I couldnt do the hands seperately, but I really dont know how either, so basically its a question that im asking for myself.

mtmckinley 15-05-2005 01:42 AM

We would prefer if you cropped your images. :)

alienscience 15-05-2005 01:44 AM

HAHA, you got told by a mod, and on top of that, it was mickenly, who better than that? LOL (no offense, just playing with ya)

publicFunction 15-05-2005 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mtmckinley
We would prefer if you cropped your images. :)
Cant argue with the Mountain!!! :o

Ill bring 'em down, they'll be at 756xsumthin and wont make the page side scroll.

gohan1842 15-05-2005 06:41 PM

There's actually no need to say anything. If most people bothered to read the rules and stickies then discussions like these wouldn't be brought up. The dimensions of ur pictures are also in the stickies if you want to check it out.

publicFunction 15-05-2005 10:06 PM

Is Bitch and moan all the the ppl on this site do?

Not talkin to the mods here, they have set the roolz. But there are ways and means to tell others. I saw no roolz stipulating image size and others have larger images posted.

Anyway I wont dwell on the negativity of others, if there is no crit coming out of what I have or will post then please keep your comments to yourself. I thot this was supposed to be a fun site. Yet American arrogance is showing thru from sum spoiling others enjoyment.

Nuf said...

alienscience 15-05-2005 10:37 PM

WTF do you mean "american ignorace". More like scotland homosexuality, atleast if we have weird men that were skirts they were underwear, and dont suck on "bag-pipes". Yer dirty scot. Sorry if I came on a little offensive, but I dont understand why people always target america as the "bad" country, they all know we would beat their a**es in a war. This will probably get edited or deleted, oh well.

EDIT: Sorry if I offended anyone on this topic. But, I am choosing to leave the original post up (until a mod finds it). I know I may have not really chosen the right set of words (scotish homosexuals), but I did this as a joke. I really did not mean to cause any harm, but if you perceived it that way, I am ready prove my points, just more dignitively (dont know if that is a word).