Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Introducing myself..... (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9023)

rich 19-11-2003 03:54 PM

Introducing myself.....

I've posted about a dozen messages on SimplyMaya (I'm too opinionated to be a good lurker), so I thought I should introduce myself.

I'm a thirty-something, living in Paris, France and have a wife and a 3-and-a-half month old daughter. Oh yeah, I'm originally from the UK.

I've been playing around with Moray, Terragen, etc. for quite a long time but recently discovered, quite by accident, what Maya was, quite how powerful it is, and that you can download the PLE for free. :)

The combination of an unrelated career and a baby means that I dont have a great deal of time to play with Maya but I squeeze in as much as I can.

I've enjoyed SimplyMaya a lot since arriving and have learned tons from the posts and tutorials. Hopefully, one day, I'll have the time to post some of my work for all to see... that is when I've developed the skills to post something worth seeing.

Well, that's me... hello!

Kurt 19-11-2003 04:38 PM

Nice to meet you. welcome to SM.

Witchy 19-11-2003 05:20 PM

Welcomes!

ckyuk 19-11-2003 08:58 PM

Re: Introducing myself.....

Welcome to SM :D

Quote:

Originally posted by Huxley
that is when I've developed the skills to post something worth seeing.
That's what SM is all about, developing skills. I'm cr*p and i still post here. Why? Because you get help from people who aren't.

SuperDave71 19-11-2003 09:08 PM

Welcome

Welcome to Simply Maya

The way to learn is to ask as many questions as ya can...

You have NO IDEA what Simply Maya has done to help me

Again, I welcome you!!!

-SuperDave71

:beer:

killerBee 19-11-2003 09:46 PM

welcome to or home Huxley

cavalt 19-11-2003 10:41 PM

Welcome Hux!!

You've just stumbled into the greatest 3D community on the web!!

You will definatly enjoy your stay.

C U around!!

Tony.

Kevin 19-11-2003 11:39 PM

welcome dude ;)

Saiyan 20-11-2003 01:14 AM

Wouldn't be a welcome without me :bgreen: :bgreen: :bgreen:

Heya!!:beer: :beer:

NitroLiq 20-11-2003 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Saiyan
Wouldn't be a welcome without me
...or without one of Howard's famous welcomes. :) Enjoy the site, Hux!

fredriksson 20-11-2003 03:10 AM

Welcome aboard. :thumbsup:

ragecgi 20-11-2003 05:55 AM

Welcome welcome!

CyberAL 20-11-2003 07:11 AM

Nice to meet you Huxley, welcome to the community and hope you stay around for a long time to come. Congrats to you and your wife on being new parents, my daughter has just turned 7 and I love being a dad.

rich 20-11-2003 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone! So far I've really enjoyed the community here!

I hope that one day I'll be able to reach the dizzy heights of Howard Porter type work... his competition winner last month was quite something!

In the meantime, I decided to jump in feet first. So, last night after wifey and baby were asleep, I spent a couple of hours putting together this little scene... I'm quite proud of it and it caused quite a stir in the office this morning. Everyone is sending me pictures of their favorite 5 actresses and asking me to render it up for their desktops.

rich 20-11-2003 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here's the wireframe of the flatpanel monitor... any criticisms and suggestions on either pic would be so so welcome!