Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   June Challenge Rules and Guidelines! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12068)

mtmckinley 02-06-2004 04:06 AM

June Challenge Rules and Guidelines!

Mythical Creatures!

Take any creature from myth, legend, fairy tale, etc. and create your own version in 3D!

1) Provide a link to an image and information about the mythical creature you've chosen.

2) Be creative! If doing something fairly common (ie. a unicorn or something) make it unique! Like... a more beast-like unicorn or whatever. That kind of thing. Something out of the ordinary!

3) Show concepts! Show wires!

4) Texturing, animation, rigging, etc is NOT required, but the more you're able to do, the better your entry will be recieved!

5) Feel free to have a go at a game art model! Let us know what kind of polycounts you'll be shooting for.

6) Label your thread thusly:

June - Norm or Noob - Your name

Choose to classify yourself as a Normal or Noobie class entry. Whichever class you choose is the class your final submitted entry will compete against! A winner will be chosen from both classes.

7) Mods and Admins can enter, but are inelligible to win and do not count toward the Grand Prize consideration of 5 entries mentioned below. If a mod chooses to participate, choose "Mod" class rather than Norm or Noob.

8) If 5 or more Normal entries finish among the 3 Simply sites participating, a Grand Prize will be rewarded! Regular VIP point prizes will be awarded to both a Normal and Newbie winner, regardless!

The due date of the challenge is June 30th!

Feel free to post questions here.

Chipper 02-06-2004 07:00 AM

When you say creatures i guess we could also do humans is that right Mike? (After all, we are all gods creatures :))
Also is it oki to do lets say a hi tech robotic version of King Arther for example?

Emo 02-06-2004 08:45 AM

OMG this is it.... this month I HAVE to do this!!!! :D

I love that stuff..and I just thought of a good thing to make ;)

-Emo

mtmckinley 02-06-2004 12:43 PM

I suppose it'd depend on what exactly you wanted to do, Chipper.

Yeah, doing a cyborg version of a mythical creature would be cool! :)

doodle 02-06-2004 11:44 PM

Ooooo....The Minotaur.

ckyuk 03-06-2004 07:21 PM

Are we allowed to enter more than one entry?

DrRobotnik 03-06-2004 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ckyuk
Are we allowed to enter more than one entry?
Jesus ckyuk!! We've only got one month!!!

ckyuk 03-06-2004 07:37 PM

I'm on holiday, my bikes need repair work and i'm broke to the penny so i can't go down the pub.

Got to pass the time somehow.

ckyuk 03-06-2004 07:44 PM

In the past two days i've done the dragon head tut, modelled a Lotus 7, 911 Turbo and start a spitfire MkII.

mtmckinley 03-06-2004 08:47 PM

Hmm... while you can feel free to try another when your first is done, I think it'd only be fair to enter whichever one you like best.

ckyuk 03-06-2004 09:47 PM

I'd only enter one for the final image thread. Just have two W.I.P threads.

mtmckinley 04-06-2004 12:33 AM

that's fine.

NextDesign 04-06-2004 09:51 PM

Yo mike. I see you used my idea. This is going to be intersting this month.

Good luck to all you Sm'ers

IAmThaGuvNa 08-06-2004 03:54 AM

thanks mr. mckinley
"If doing something fairly common (ie. a unicorn or something)" lol Ill take that as a hint and make my unicorn the supreme ruler of the universe or... something... like that ANYWAYS just realized that was in there lol

Rubberkidney 09-06-2004 02:17 AM

im really not sure if im a noob or a norm...what are the guidelines for that?