Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   how to move a point in animation graph editor (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18811)

nowonder 27-10-2005 06:04 AM

how to move a point in animation graph editor

1 Attachment(s)
hi,
could somebody plez tell me how to move a point in animation graph editor? dragging the handles doesn't work... why?

btw, my mouse got 2 buttons only.

Quote:

Animation curves have a few control structures for curve editing. You can do any of these operations:
Use the Move tool and middle mouse button to move a key point. You can alternatively use your keyboard to enter precise values for a selected key's frame and value in the boxes above the graph area.
Use the Move tool and middle mouse button to drag the tangent handles and change the adjacent curvature.

(You can shift-drag with the Move tool to constrain a move operation to a single direction.)
and does this mean, i could only set it using the stats box "only"?, somebody plez confirm.
if "yes", then it is "bad".

or somebody know a utilities to convert a particular "key" on keyboard to be treated as "middle mouse button"?

dannyngan 27-10-2005 06:26 AM

Get a 3-button mouse. You will find that many things in Maya require one.

nowonder 29-10-2005 10:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ah ha,
coz i am using a mouse with "scroller" attached in the middle, and i thought, wtf, i got no middle button . lol

i thought of writing my middle mouse emulator, so i wrote a sample mouse testing app, which i plan to write a hook program to test on the middle mouse (without reloading the maya)

so the test app completed, and lol, then only to discover than, if i click on the "scroller", the WM_MBUTTONDOWN event would be generated ... lol, so, for those who use mouse with scroller, ur scroller r actually middle button and u can click on it to move the point in animation graph editor.

well, of course, a little bit clumsy to click on the scroller, :eek:
:attn:

build using fasm (flat assembler) + application + source attached.

well, maybe later i would continue to work on it to make my left button act like middle button (let say) when scroll lock key was "on".

well, if got more request from ur guys to have something like this .. maybe i feel more motivated :) lol :attn:

doodle 29-10-2005 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nowonder
so the test app completed, and lol, then only to discover than, if i click on the "scroller", the WM_MBUTTONDOWN event would be generated ... lol, so, for those who use mouse with scroller, ur scroller r actually middle button and u can click on it to move the point in animation graph editor.
Dosn't everyone know that?

I never buy 3 button mice, the scroll wheel is just too useful.

nowonder 29-10-2005 08:07 PM

when they said middle button, u see "button", who thought about scroller is consider a button, well, although it is in middle :eek:
but to move a point by clicking the scroller is quite a s*%t :lmao: i felt quite clumsy