Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Skateboard (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5334)

I-Iybrid 21-04-2003 11:00 PM

Skateboard

1 Attachment(s)
Heres my skateboard (finally). Had to remake it because I lost all my old stuff when I whipped my drive out. Just made the truck for my latest battle. C & C plz! :)

Alan 21-04-2003 11:10 PM

the truck looks cool, the render is really dark on my monitor, any chance of a lighter one?

llooking forwards to more

I-Iybrid 22-04-2003 04:16 AM

After I put the nuts on the sides of the wheels, Ill re-render for ya. Then its off to texturing :rolleyes:

I-Iybrid 23-04-2003 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Added some textures, rendered with GI_Joe. Took 17 minutes to render! Man, I REALLY need to get a faster computer and more RAM. :p

Alan 24-04-2003 01:12 AM

nice texture on the bottom of the skateboard!! it it yours? I would say that the wheels look too white and the board doesnt have any scratches or dents etc. Dirty it up a bit and it will look great! :D

Raull 24-04-2003 04:00 AM

looks cool maybe add a likin Park logo.

I-Iybrid 24-04-2003 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
nice texture on the bottom of the skateboard!! it it yours? I would say that the wheels look too white and the board doesnt have any scratches or dents etc. Dirty it up a bit and it will look great! :D
No, its not mine, but Ive been wanting that board since Ive been skating (and ive been skating for over 2 years now). I dont know if I want to make it all scratched up and *used*. Im sorta going for a semi-cartoon look...I think.....

A Linkin Park logo huh......hm....I think I can do that....:D

I-Iybrid 30-04-2003 01:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Played around abit w/the wheel textures, although....you cant really tell. Stupid thing rendered thru the wrong camera, after I speficially told it to render thru another camera. Oh well, LOL. NE suggestions?

I-Iybrid 02-05-2003 09:39 PM

Textures

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got my textures just about finished up. Added the griptape and the wheels. :D C & C Plz! :)

I-Iybrid 02-05-2003 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wheels:

M 02-05-2003 09:46 PM

Hey, wheels look great, but the grindtape (imho).. is way to black.. you need some kinda shinyness to it.. for that black sandpaper feel. Also, the logo that you have on there is way too white, it just seems too new or something. Anyways, its looking great :D. BTW, what color are you going to make those things that in the trucks... the rubber part which decides how loose the board is. Ok, cya later.

I-Iybrid 02-05-2003 09:51 PM

The Doh-Dohs (bushings)? Theyre white, just like the ones I currently have on my board. The griptape....its only really shiny when its BRAND NEW. After it gets old/used, it isnt really shiny at all. Ill give it abit of shine, but not too much. Thnx for pointing that out M. And about the words on the griptape, Ill have to dirty that up abit.

I-Iybrid 02-05-2003 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Aight. Dirtied up the "blacklabel" writing on the giptape. Also lightened up the actual griptape. Dont mind the road/street. Its just there for looks :D

Alan 02-05-2003 11:26 PM

I think the road looks really cool, for me the bit that stands out too much are the wheels, they are too white by far. They really need to be dirtied up then it will look sweeeeeeet! :D

I-Iybrid 02-05-2003 11:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres another render just for the hell of it :p I know the wheels and trucks are way too shiny. How do I fix that?