Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Veyron (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19694)

happymat27 04-01-2006 05:13 PM

Veyron

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my finished model, I'm pretty pleased with the result any of your own thoughts would be welcome.

Cheers,

Mat.

Turbo Dan 04-01-2006 06:10 PM

very nice, good job:p

ViaWay 04-01-2006 09:13 PM

Well done. Cinema 4D or Maya?

happymat27 04-01-2006 10:39 PM

Maya all the way!

Thanks,

Mat

magicsy 04-01-2006 11:59 PM

looks real great work shame about the background get a nice scene setup and it would look tons better. u dont need to show ure hdri, i dont know why peopple do,

blomkaal 05-01-2006 03:12 PM

Yeah, loose the background, other than that, good job :)

Kartzan 05-01-2006 04:17 PM

Beautiful

happymat27 06-01-2006 07:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone,

I have never used Image Based Lighting before and wondered if I could make a scene of it, this is why I left it visible. In retrospect I rekon a little more practice is needed so I have taken your advice (Magicsy and Blomkaal) and removed the background. Here are the new renders, enjoy.

Take it easy,

Mat.

pbman 07-01-2006 08:11 PM

really nice model - only one thing i can see that puts me off it is the rear lights the break and reverse they lokk dodgy an painted on
its only minor but to me something u should fix
other that the perfect

:bow:

Forum_snowboarder33 08-01-2006 03:18 AM

the front grill is wrong
its too big
right now it kinda looks more like the concept version of it
looks a little different now

also different rims on it
and you are missing the logo on the front of the car

model looks good though, just some minor stuff

happymat27 08-01-2006 08:46 AM

Yeah I know what you mean about the rear lights, I'll see to them when I have a bit of time.

The front of the car was mentioned in the WIP forum and I agree about it being higher than the production version of the car, It is dead on with the blueprints I was using though, I'm not sure how accurate they are but they were the best I could find on the net (they are posted in the WIP forum). I was using both concept and production models as photo reference, some aspects from each have filtered down into my final model (fins on the front intakes, body panel creases, 8 spokes rather than 12 on the alloy etc.).

There is a badge on the front of the car, but I have just noticed that I have forgotten the door handle though, I'll fix that when I do the rear lights.

Thanks for your comments,

Mat.

Sephiroth II 09-01-2006 06:18 PM

That car is so BAD-ASS! I want it. You should make a racing video or something with more cars like that one, that would be bad-ass...

Shadeblade 11-01-2006 06:44 AM

I agree with the above poster. :nod:

I just noticed the licence plate too. Great touch :D

You've really shown your "skrills" in the making of this model. (Skrills, I can explain in further detail if asked :D)

happymat27 11-01-2006 07:30 AM

Thanks Sephiroth II and Shadeblede,

I never planned on animating this model but I suppose it is something that I could think about for the future.

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadeblade

(Skrills, I can explain in further detail if asked)

Go on then Shadeblade, what does it mean?

Take it easy,

Mat.

Shadeblade 11-01-2006 06:45 PM

Well, I remember participating in Skills Canada 2005, and there was a hypnotist performance the night before. Before he started the performance, he "thanked everyone for coming to Edmonton this year and said it was a good chance for us to show everyone our skrills.. err, skills in this competition, so welcome to Skrills Canada!" :D