Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Other than videomach (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25711)

brandy_ke 01-04-2007 02:30 PM

Other than videomach

just curious , what are some programs that can be used to convert images to video clips other than videomach (recommended in the tutorial),

any other good programs for some post editing work , like adding of sounds , music ?

gster123 01-04-2007 05:13 PM

After effects, shake, combustion, are probably the most common compositing applications.

think theres also a free compositing Application, but I cant remember the name of it.

You can also do some in Adobe premier, Avid express pro, Final cut pro, but they dont have the level of "tweekability" and blending options that the compositing apps do.

mirek03 01-04-2007 08:26 PM

isnt there a couple of free renderers?? the 'gimp' is that a renderer?? Fusion is another one (not free)

gster123 01-04-2007 08:32 PM

Gimp's an image editing software (like photoshop) dont think that It can convert images to Video, athough I could be wrong.

publicFunction 01-04-2007 10:15 PM

VideoMach really isnt a compositer, it just allows you to take an image sequence and covert to AVI etc...

Now another alternative is Quicktime Pro ($30) from Apple and will let you get these renders into the far superior (imho) mov format. Mov looks great and is very sharp and works really well I use it at home, but if you don't want to use QT and mov then I would not use it for avi. Stick with VideoMach its good and works after its evaluation period ;)

brandy_ke 02-04-2007 03:14 AM

hmmm thks for the advice ,

can i use video mach to create screens like credits where is mainly text

how to get the rolling text effect

pardon me for the noob question

thks

publicFunction 02-04-2007 03:19 AM

Videomach does a real basic job, but AE is the app for that kind of stuff.

brandy_ke 02-04-2007 09:08 AM

pardon me
but whats AE ?

jsprogg 02-04-2007 12:07 PM

AE= Adobe After Effects

mirek03 02-04-2007 02:26 PM

simple credits can be made in any graphics app, for example.., 'paint' on every XP has it already.., and them save the titles as a jpeg, tiff , targa.., whatever..very simple stuff and import it into your editing app (you do have one?? if not you will hav to consider that too.., AE does a lot but Im not sure i would want to edit in it.., it is possible) but Gster and R@sid are very correct.., Im only considering you want to do this cheaply and if you do not understand the acronym for after effects (AE) .., (no one was born knowing it, we all have to learn at our own pace :) ) them best you keep things simple for a while and save some money.., if thats not a problem though.., go for the big apps and the magic of digital will be at your finger tips

brandy_ke 02-04-2007 03:03 PM

THanks once again
You guys are awesome !

02-04-2007 03:11 PM

i would say the easiest way to do credits is to do the video in videomach then import it to windows movie maker and do title and credits there:beer: