Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   urgent..need help (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22914)

sandy072282 30-08-2006 04:20 AM

urgent..need help

im newbie to maya..dono anything bout it..but i ve to do my final yr project using maya..my title is to present a montage about my university..so need to do modelling for the buildings from external view as well as internal..can anyone pls guide me how to start to model the buildings which in the end looks exactly the same as in real?im totally blank now..pls help me!!!

palleon 30-08-2006 09:22 AM

Erm.. Why would they ask you to make a fully rendered life like model using a program you have never used before with no training? oO

I've been using it about a month now and I'm only up to making some very bad looking models lol, so in order to do what you want you would probably need many months of training, I would imagine (unless I am just a very slow learner lol).

I would advise you to go back to your tutor and explain there is no way you can do this without him sending you on a proffesional 3D course!

j5ive 30-08-2006 10:14 AM

Here Here.

gster123 30-08-2006 11:51 AM

As its your final year project you are meant to try and push yourself which might mean learning a new software and demonstrating your knowlage with it and other applications (such as creating a small part in maya coupled with video editing with real footage to complete the outline of your project.

When I did my project I concentrated on the comaprison between real life dynamics situations and computer generated ones (using maya) and then added the bells and whistles of it being composited using After effects and edted with Avid.

What I would do its start off with simple tutorials creating things from primitives to try and build up part of the scene that you require.

One direction you could push your project into is camera mapping techniques to create a 3d photorealistic world using photographs taken of your uni then using primitives objects map themn using the photos then move a camera through this scene for your project.

This way you can concentrate on one aspect of the programme and not using everything within it (makes it easier for you to actually do and write up as you will gain more knowlage of one aspect and the various techniques)

Hope this ramble makes sense

sandy072282 31-08-2006 08:13 AM

hi gster123 thanks for ur prompt reply..
but could u pls point out further more details ya..?i don quite understand wat u mean..sorry cos im totally new to maya..pls help me..im now very panicked and worry

palleon 31-08-2006 08:17 AM

Have you bought some training books, or tried the training videos here on this website? These together will teach you alot about the program, but really, it is far to complicated to try and train you in a few sentences on the forum (imho of course) :(

gster123 31-08-2006 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sandy072282
hi gster123 thanks for ur prompt reply..
but could u pls point out further more details ya..?i don quite understand wat u mean..sorry cos im totally new to maya..pls help me..im now very panicked and worry

What part do you want further info on?

Cheers

Send me a private message with what your thinking and i'll try and point you in the right direction (if I can of course!!)

sandy072282 01-09-2006 07:06 AM

as wat u said..the camera mapping technique?
is there any short cuts to allow me to brush up in jus few weeks?or mayb do u ve any useful tutorial sites?do u mind giving me ur msn add?